testtest

Survival Food Storage — Buy or DIY?

Great article Mike! I have several years worth of survival food packed away in the garage. I just don’t have the time or energy after long shifts at work to fit all that prep in with all the other things that need doing around our home. It was definitely not cheap, but we have peace of mind. It’s one less thing to worry about when the time comes to hunker down and defend ourselves.

Both, we found our well stocked pantry and stores of prepared and raw foods and other essentials a great comfort during the pandemic with its shutdowns and shortages.

And my daughter learned a valuable lesson about shopping almost daily and storing little. She said, now I understand the pantry.

Great article Mike! I have several years worth of survival food packed away in the garage. I just don’t have the time or energy after long shifts at work to fit all that prep in with all the other things that need doing around our home. It was definitely not cheap, but we have peace of mind. It’s one less thing to worry about when the time comes to hunker down and defend ourselves.
Did you buy a single bulk purchase from one company or did you pick stuff up “here and there” from different companies?

Did you buy a single bulk purchase from one company or did you pick stuff up “here and there” from different companies?
I diversify my stash based on a mix of freeze-dried, bulk cans, store-bought stuff and the ability to use each according to circumstances.

Always look at the ingredients & how many calories you get.

For bulk cans, the Augason Farms brand is high-quality, and has a very nice selection.

The regular deals on Amazon are opportunities to get what you need.

My .02

Note: folks should also have a stash of multi-vitamins & vitamin C, the basics, besides an others, and first aid supplies.

Always look at the ingredients & how many calories you get.

For bulk cans, the Augason Farms brand is high-quality, and has a very nice selection.

The regular deals on Amazon are opportunities to get what you need.

My .02

Note: folks should also have a stash of multi-vitamins & vitamin C, the basics, besides an others, and first aid supplies.
Sounds like at a restaurant. Within my budget, always look for the highest calorie count…gotta be the best entree or burger!

Back