testtest

Taurus Announces Their New Higher Capacity Micro Nine, the GX4 11+1 Pistol

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Taurus has just announced there new pistol, the GX4, an a 11+1 micro compact, looks interesting.

I have certainly been on a tear with these micros, and still love my hellcat as EDC. However is it bad that I yearn for even smaller now that summer is near? My p938 is starting to call me, and dare I say I have been looking at 380s. What’s the saying. Ounces matter?

Taurus has just announced there new pistol, the GX4, an a 11+1 micro compact, looks interesting.

Do ya think they too will be sued by SIG?

Thanks for posting Taurus announcement Anni,
GX4 looks like a cheapened up version of SA's Hellcat to me...not just sizewise either. Stainless frame could be nice addition though? Lower cost? Maybe good for business competition and in lower end markets?

....and a fairly strong resemblance to Hellcat as well?
Appears, looks like aimed definitely towards who it may think may be it's main competitor?
I'm sure it's more geared to compete in against the lower cost Ruger Max or maybe not compete against any of the other major brand micro compacts because those are all in a price range way above what the GX4 is expected to be at.

The cost difference is like comparing a Canik against a Beretta. Both are good firearms but they both also attract a different consumer.

Taurus has found it's place in the market by making decent quality lower priced firearms that appeal to their customer base.

I bought a Sig Sauer P365 and a Hellcat when they were released, and the 365 has been my EDC for years. I was initially excited to see all of the new double-stack Micro 9's hitting the market. While I love the concept of a slim, high-capacity 9mm, I haven't been impressed enough by any of the new entries to buy one.

The Glock 43/48 was too big to conceal as easily as the 365 or the Hellcat. I might have considered the Shield Plus, but the grip is a little too long and S&W went cheap by not including night sights on the base model. The Ruger seems like a decent gun, but it just felt blocky and the rear sight is ridiculously tall. The Taurus may be a good gun, but they also skipped out on the night sights and failed to offer an extended baseplate or +2 magazine at launch that would allow me to get a full grip.

I'm always happy to have a variety to pick from, and the Taurus and Ruger have the potential to open up the market to shooters on a budget. Still, I think the 365 and the Hellcat are solidly the top choices in the Micro 9 family.

Back