testtest

Taurus TX22 Review

I bought a TX22 for my wife to practice for her LTC class when handgun ammo first started drying up. The gun has run everything but Aguila "Quiet" ammo flawlessly, even cheap bulk Federal Auto Match that had been sitting in my closet for almost a decade. The TX22 trigger is fantastic. If they would've put the TX22 trigger on the G3C I would've bought one immediately. In my area, you can still find TX22's in stock at Academy for $299.99. I have always been very leery of Taurus products, but the TX22 is a great pistol. I was as surprised as anyone.

As it happens I just took possession of a TX22 this week and I've put 400 rounds through it in a couple of days. I had one light primer strike which I re-chambered and fired successfully. I've been shooting Lapua Pistol OSP and Federal Bulk Ammo, both of which have been trouble free and very accurate. The gun fits my hands perfectly and has a really clean trigger and a surprisingly short reset.

My only beef - as per the article - is the sights. I'm not crazy about the three dot sights - I'm going to black out the rear sights to see if makes a difference. When I line the three dots up I actually have to clip the bottom of the front dot below the notch of the rear sights in order to get it to shoot level, otherwise I'm always shooting high - which the gun does anyway. I had to adjust the rear sights pretty significantly to be able to aim using a center hold. I've ordered a fiber optic front sight which I hope will help.

The two attached pictures show shots between 7 and 15 yds using three 4 inch targets. The larger single 6 inch target is 15 - 25 yds. There's quite a few flyers at 25 yds because the target is a smudge for me at that distance, so for me its about getting on target rather than precise placement. Again, I'm hoping the fiber optic front sight will help with that to a degree. Interestingly enough, Galloway Precision makes an optic mount plate for small red dot sites like the Shield RMS or the Vortex Venom. I don't know if thats overkill on a fun pistol like this, but I have red dots on my X5 Legion and Archon Type B and I'm a big time fan.

Thanks to Talyn for mentioning the TX22 in a separate post. Your recommendation got me looking at reviews and youtube videos and within no time I was ordering one. I think you can tell from the pics that I really enjoy shooting the TX22.

Attachments

• TX22_1.png
    TX22_1.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 247
  • TX22_2.png
    TX22_2.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 231
I just purchased one also, and it will be arriving next week.

Taurus TX22

Got some extra mags elsewhere & on the way.

Looks like Tandemkross has some good aftermarket upgrades, and Alien Gear for holsters etc..

Should be a good drill pistol in these days of center-fire ammo in short-supply.

Last edited:
I’ve actually ordered an optic plate and a Truglo Tru-Tec red dot. I’m not sure if that’s over the top. This gun is so much fun to shoot just using regular sights, I don’t want to overthink it, but I think that ship might have sailed!

I dont know if this is good or bad, but in my journey for something different I was leaning towards a 22LR for fun at the range. Ended up with a SA 911 9mm (which I am really liking btw). Went to the range again this week and what did i find in the case as I looked at the recent inventory... a TX22 with two 16 round mags. priced fair (for the pandemic) at 269...then I realized i had a $25 off any fire arm coupon...so I take possession of it this weekend..lol. I am sure once I put a few hundred rounds through it I will be thanking everyone!

I dont know if this is good or bad, but in my journey for something different I was leaning towards a 22LR for fun at the range. Ended up with a SA 911 9mm (which I am really liking btw). Went to the range again this week and what did i find in the case as I looked at the recent inventory... a TX22 with two 16 round mags. priced fair (for the pandemic) at 269...then I realized i had a $25 off any fire arm coupon...so I take possession of it this weekend..lol. I am sure once I put a few hundred rounds through it I will be thanking everyone!
Sounds like you got an awesome deal on a great plinker!

Got my TX-22 last week, and took it to the range.

Ran 110% with several types of .22lr and accurate. Handy & economical training pistol, and really light-weight for packing when out-and-about.

My .02

Ran 110% with several types of .22lr and accurate. Handy & economical training pistol, and really light-weight for packing when out-and-about.

My .02
Congrats on the new pistol 👍. Everything I've read and seen (YT vids) about the TX-22 has been good. I've not personally handled one, but know that my recent purchase and range time with the M&P 22 Compact is all positive. Lightweight, and cheaper range time to boot.

My .02
Congrats on you're new pistol! The TX22 is a great pistol that cannot be beat for the money.

Back