testtest

The CMMG Banshee Mk17

I just cannot get into any carbine in a 9mm, particularly in this $$$ 9mm ammo prices lately.
Shot CZ scorpions, Banshee and other 9mm long guns/ SBR’s, but the amount of 9mm needed to satisfy these guns for shooting is huge.
I’d rather stick to a .22LR carbine or AR pistol for the ammo $$ involved.
.223 was (pre covid talking here) inexpensive and fun for carbine over a 9mm.

my .02 cents

I'll take the PC charger all day over the Banshee especially looking at the msrp of the Banshee.

Like @KillerFord1977 said I also either own and shot many different types of 9mm carbines and PDWs. With this being said I personally have a hard to wrapping my head around paying a premium for a gun where you can get the same and if not better reliability out of a gun half the price. Guns like the CZ scorpion pistol & carbine line of guns or Rugers PC Carbine & Charger lines which offer great guns for a great value.

The PC Charger and Carbine have great triggers out of the factory and have the added benefit of accepting Glock mags.

For the AR platform I'll only buy or build 10mm or rifle caliber guns.

I'll take the PC charger all day over the Banshee especially looking at the msrp of the Banshee.

Like @KillerFord1977 said I also either own and shot many different types of 9mm carbines and PDWs. With this being said I personally have a hard to wrapping my head around paying a premium for a gun where you can get the same and if not better reliability out of a gun half the price. Guns like the CZ scorpion pistol & carbine line of guns or Rugers PC Carbine & Charger lines which offer great guns for a great value.

The PC Charger and Carbine have great triggers out of the factory and have the added benefit of accepting Glock mags.

For the AR platform I'll only buy or build 10mm or rifle caliber guns.
Well, as the article states, there are 3 models of the Banshee With this review testing the highest price one. I was interested in the delayed blowback system mention and curious how it would compare to my 2 Scorpions that weren’t too heavy on recoil when I shot them. Just found it interesting.

Last edited:
Well, as the article states, there are 3 models of the Banshee With this review testing the highest price one. I was interested in the delayed blowback system mention and curious how it would compare to my 2 Scorpions that weren’t to heavy on recoil when I shot them. Just found it interesting.
Definitely a good looking gun!

I don't have any experience with CMMG brand guns myself so it maybe amazing and I might even change my opinion if I fired one.

Sometimes we don't know we love it until we try it...😁👍

Definitely a good looking gun!

I don't have any experience with CMMG brand guns myself so it maybe amazing and I might even change my opinion if I fired one.
Me neither. I think I’ve seen them listed at Classic Firearm with the binary trigger. I always thought I’d like to try something like that.

Me neither. I think I’ve seen them listed at Classic Firearm with the binary trigger. I always thought I’d like to try something like that.
The binary trigger is a pretty cool feature on certain guns. Franklin Armory now makes them for the .22lr charger pistol.

Back