testtest

THE CZ 75 IS STILL AN AMAZING PISTOL 45 YEARS LATER

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
The CZ 75 is the flagship pistol of CZ-USA and has been a staple among 9mm fans for over 45 years. Originally introduced in 1975, hence the name, the CZ 75 remains viable as a defensive pistol. It’s so widely used that CZ claims its “used by more governments, militaries, police, and security agencies than any other pistol in the world.”

45 years young

Still going strong after 45 yesrs

1613250742154.png

I have never fired one of these. Would love to know how it stacks up against the Browning Hi Power. Although they are not exactly contemporaries; and despite the diff in capacity. If I find anything online I’ll post it..

I have never fired one of these. Would love to know how it stacks up against the Browning Hi Power. Although they are not exactly contemporaries; and despite the diff in capacity. If I find anything online I’ll post it..
The CZ 75's are awesome pistols that compare very well to the Hi-Power in terms of function, quality, reliability, & beauty. I've had the luxury of shooting both side by side and it would be a toss up for me personally to say which one is a better firearm though everyone will have difference of opinion on the topic.

Disclaimer:
I have a few CZ firearms but I'm no way a fan boy of any particular brand as I have firearms from a decent variety of manufacture's.

Last edited:
The CZ 75's are awesome pistols that compare very well to the Hi-Power in terms of function, quality, reliability, & beauty. I've had the luxury of shooting both side by side and it would be a toss up for me personally to say which one is a better firearm though everyone will have difference of opinion on the topic.

Disclaimer:
I have a few CZ firearms but I'm no way a fan boy of any particular brand as I have firearms from a decent variety of manufacture's.
I’ve never heard of anything much wrong with CZ in general, come to think of it...🤔....Sort of the same as with the HP.
Re: your disclaimer, I concur. And I’ve always said that barring any bona-fide design flaws (as in, something doesn’t actually work as originally intended), the ones I’m a fan of are the ones that have a basically useful caliber and feel right in my hand !

I have never fired a CZ75, but I do own two Turkish CZ75 clones that are among my favorite range guns. I've wanted a CZ75 for years, but my TriStar L120 and C100 have been such great pistols that I haven't felt the need to make the jump to the brand name. When/If prices and availability return to normal, I fully expect to add a true CZ75 to my collection.

I have a new CZ 75 Tac and also own a Hi Power.

both excellent pistols.

18 rd cz tac is larger frame gun, but both have performed excellent for me.

the Hi Power makes a better conceal carry vs my Tac 75 though for its a little smaller

here it is with a Sig 228
420B5AB6-B044-4996-834D-75F52135AEAA.jpeg

Last edited:

Disclaimer:
This is me as well. Own both and have many makers of firearms

I have a new CZ 75 Tac and also own a Hi Power.

both excellent pistols.

18 rd cz tac is larger frame gun, but both have performed excellent for me.

the Hi Power makes a better conceal carry vs my Tac 75 though for its a little smaller

here it is with a Sig 228 View attachment 15087
OUTSTANDING setup, there !! Love it!
I am glad u posted the pics, KF... I can see - i think - that the CZ is possibly a bit large for my hands. (I’m a small guy). Looks like a longer ‘reach’ to the trigger and also a longer grip vertically. ???
There were a couple 75s at my LGS early last summer but I’d already shelled out for a Spgfld Ronin so I didn’t even handle the CZs. Didn’t want to confuse myself.

I don't own a Hi-Power but I have shot my buddies at the range on quite a few occasions.

My CZ 75 is an SP-01 tactical as seen in this picture I took a while back.

View attachment 15088
View attachment 15089
... dang it... I may have to stay off this thread. You and KillerFord will have me trying to get my Visa credit limit increased...
(Wonder how hard they are to find right now?)

I am glad u posted the pics, KF... I can see - i think - that the CZ is possibly a bit large for my hands. (I’m a small guy). Looks like a longer ‘reach’ to the trigger and also a longer grip vertically. ???
There were a couple 75s at my LGS early last summer but I’d already shelled out for a Spgfld Ronin so I didn’t even handle the CZs. Didn’t want to confuse myself.
Checkout the CZ 75 P-01 Omega for a slightly smaller lighter weight frame than the SP-01 and if you can find it in the high polished chrome it's a thing of beauty.

Thanks Tidal. I enjoy my firearms.
I have small hands . (Dont go there 🤪)
The Sig 228 and Hi Power back in the day were the 2 pistols I couldnt decide for conceal carry, so bought both. Almost 30 yrs ago. Cz 75 is a smidge bigger frame size but the grip is great for smaller hands. The CZ is actually the pistol i bought for my son

The CZ 75 is the flagship pistol of CZ-USA and has been a staple among 9mm fans for over 45 years. Originally introduced in 1975, hence the name, the CZ 75 remains viable as a defensive pistol. It’s so widely used that CZ claims its “used by more governments, militaries, police, and security agencies than any other pistol in the world.”

45 years young

Still going strong after 45 yesrs

View attachment 15073
I shunned CZ for decades. Mis info I guess. Buddy finally had me fire his CZ75. Love at first feel.
Bought a 75 Tac on the spot new from the LGS and my teenage son loved it so much he declared it his.

i was long overdue for this firearm in the collection.

@BET7 has a few really nice CZ-75 pistols also.
Yes I do 10mm, thanks for the shoutout. Here are my current CZs (and my FN Browning Hi-Power, a Belgium police trade that is a rare “Lightweight Hi-Power” (aluminum frame with barrel seat, the crossways part in the frame that the barrel cams up against, is steel)).
First two pics, my two CZ Scorpions with braces extended/folded & collapsed.
Last pic, from left to right:
Top row: CZ Orange Shadow 2; 75 B w/ G10 VZ Grips
Middle row: 75 P01 Omega; P10 S
Bottom row: 2075 BD RAMI; FN Browning Hi-Power
3AA934A6-15DD-476E-89F6-316CC4B28799.jpeg
006C5F29-6439-424C-9325-9FEBECB24004.jpeg
8AB7E2B5-1318-47B4-BD5A-93BAB9BC6944.jpeg

Yes I do 10mm, thanks for the shoutout. Here are my current CZs (and my FN Browning Hi-Power, a Belgium police trade that is a rare “Lightweight Hi-Power” (aluminum frame with barrel seat, the crossways part in the frame that the barrel cams up against, is steel)).
First two pics, my two CZ Scorpions with braces extended/folded & collapsed.
Last pic, from left to right:
Top row: CZ Orange Shadow 2; 75 B w/ G10 VZ Grips
Middle row: 75 P01 Omega; P10 S
Bottom row: 2075 BD RAMI; FN Browning Hi-PowerView attachment 15101View attachment 15102View attachment 15103
CZ seems to have an interesting slide to frame setup - maybe the OP article mentioned it m. It’s distinct in all the pics on this thread...

Back