testtest

The Lionheart Industries Vulcan 9 Offers a New Twist on an Older Design

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Daewoo Precision Industry Ltd. patented a pistol in 1992 that became the K5/DP-51. SNT Motiv of South Korea produced it. Several companies marketed the K5/DP51 in the United States in the 1990s.

In 2011, it was reintroduced in America through a collaboration between Daewoo/SNT Motiv and Lionheart Industries as the LH9 Series. In 2016, Lionheart introduced a variant in 9mm Luger called the Regulus. It was not an import but was, instead, made in the USA.

This was when I first caught wind of this interesting pistol. The Regulus underwent several design, aesthetic, and cosmetic changes and evolved into what Lionheart is today calling the Vulcan 9.

1721740298927.png

I handled the original gun (K-51) years ago at a gun show and liked it a lot. It was all metal and had the Fast Action trigger. Price was under $500 as I recall. Could have been around $400. I don't remember what I bought instead, probably influenced by low adoption in the US. It was primarily used by military. About 26 oz. holding 13-15 rounds, it was a very nice design. Not a fan of the new one. It seems busy and quite expensive. I still like the original as it suits my aesthetics better.

Attachments

• Daewoo.jpeg
    Daewoo.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Back