testtest

The New Colt CBX Precision Rifle System – A Premium Rifle for Precision Shooters

Looks like every other skeletonized Savage out there… meh

I’ll stay with my original Colt .308 precision ..LE901

E2C68FB6-872F-4663-AAA8-9A611B6AFAE2.jpeg

Substantially cheaper than a 2020.
Can anyone who is familiar with bolt actions explain the 2k price tag on a 2020?

Like it’s lightweight which makes me think hunting rifle, but at 2k I don’t know if I am toting it afield. Is it substantially better then something the 1k bergara b-14 hmr or you name it rifle? I mean hunting accuracy is not the same as competition precision, like the colt rifle seems to going for. Since thats almost 11 pounds empty and no scope. Tad heavy for lugging around cliff faces. At least for this guy.

I have to say the concept was there for the 2020 Waypoint but the overall execution was sub par, way too many reports of accuracy issues for what was touted as an out of the box bullseye rifle.
I blame the decision with the round chosen for chambering.

I like seeing and reading about these distance capable shooters. I wish I could shoot beyond 300 yds., but I know my limitations.
He'll, I have trouble pulling the trigger on anything over about 40 yards, simply because it just looks too far. Been shooting recurvebow since about 3 years old and it is so ingrained in my head anything over say 30 yards just looks like a mile.

That is a sweet looking rifle.
Sweet piece.
I also have the original unopened 5.56 conversion kit with mag insert, buffer, etc that came with it.
You can swap uppers to make it a 5.56/.223 with no tools.
Takes about 1 min

I also have the original unopened 5.56 conversion kit with mag insert, buffer, etc that came with it.
You can swap uppers to make it a 5.56/.223 with no tools.
Takes about 1 min

Very nice.

Can anyone who is familiar with bolt actions explain the 2k price tag on a 2020?

Like it’s lightweight which makes me think hunting rifle, but at 2k I don’t know if I am toting it afield. Is it substantially better then something the 1k bergara b-14 hmr or you name it rifle? I mean hunting accuracy is not the same as competition precision, like the colt rifle seems to going for. Since thats almost 11 pounds empty and no scope. Tad heavy for lugging around cliff faces. At least for this guy.
IMO the msrp of $2173-$2,670 is a bit much for what I see, and for the promised performance at only 100 yds.

IMO, there are many other options that perform as well or better at a better/similar price point.

And it is heavy but that might be OK if you're just sitting in/on a stand vs. western type hunting conditions.

In full disclosure, I'm a Bergara fan and my regular B-14 Hunter 6.5 CM shoots as well as the 2020 accuracy guarantee for a much lower price point.

My .02

After 20 years making bolt guns I still get lite headed when I see a well made Bolt Action Rifle and that is a beautiful gun, to also see one chambered in 300WM increases my heart rate.

I had a .300WM action for every bolt gun stock I was building for Mossberg that I used for checking for stress cracking during recoil. Awesome round.

Looks good. Like that MDT makes the chassis. Like that it has a 3-lug bolt with a 60° throw. BUT there needs to be more cartridge offerings, 308 & 6.5 Creed ain't gonna get it.

The DWX and now a new Colt rifle....maybe we are finally starting to see new innovation coming out of the CZ/Colt/DW enterprise. Hopefully, these exciting releases foreshadow more good things to come.

Back