testtest

The ongoing thing with the Holosun 507K and the Echelon

belladonna

Hellcat
So, I didn't think it right to hijack the thread I originally posted my optic on my Echelon...so, here goes:

I installed the dot using the pin set and screw set that was on the chart in the owner's manual.
This was the result:

IMG_4718.jpeg

I noticed, as many of you did, that the rear of the optic was not flush with the slide. So this morning I removed the rear pins and it fits just fine...except that the screws are not flush and the optic is slightly loose.

IMG_4719.jpeg

So I researched it a bit and found a thread on Reddit where a few guys had that same issue, but solved it by grinding down the screws a bit with a Dremel. They said as long as the screws are ground down evenly and flat (no burrs), it worked well.
I do not own a Dremel, or a clamp/vise to hold the screws to be ground, so I am not going to dink around with it anymore. I know a good gunsmith in Moorhead I will take it to, and he can do the dirty deed. Maybe he has screws that will work without having to mess around with a Dremel. He does have a really cool shop.

As always, I am open to suggestions and advice 😎

so it might not be a fix but, I ran into a similar issue with my EO tech magnifier mount. There was a smaller (shorter) group of screws that could be had. I called them up and they shipped me some shorter ones for free. Maybe try the holosun folks to see if available.

So, I didn't think it right to hijack the thread I originally posted my optic on my Echelon...so, here goes:

I installed the dot using the pin set and screw set that was on the chart in the owner's manual.
This was the result:

View attachment 66049

I noticed, as many of you did, that the rear of the optic was not flush with the slide. So this morning I removed the rear pins and it fits just fine...except that the screws are not flush and the optic is slightly loose.

View attachment 66050

So I researched it a bit and found a thread on Reddit where a few guys had that same issue, but solved it by grinding down the screws a bit with a Dremel. They said as long as the screws are ground down evenly and flat (no burrs), it worked well.
I do not own a Dremel, or a clamp/vise to hold the screws to be ground, so I am not going to dink around with it anymore. I know a good gunsmith in Moorhead I will take it to, and he can do the dirty deed. Maybe he has screws that will work without having to mess around with a Dremel. He does have a really cool shop.

Shorter screws will take of that problem. Have had to modify screws with a fine grit file and chase out the threads with a needle file.

This is on ongoing problem with many red dots. Pistols are all set up for different lengths of screws, so there is no certainty that the screw that comes with your optic are the correct length. You’ll also find that screws from Holosun are pretty crappy. There are some resources for better quality screws such as:

This is on ongoing problem with many red dots. Pistols are all set up for different lengths of screws, so there is no certainty that the screw that comes with your optic are the correct length. You’ll also find that screws from Holosun are pretty crappy. There are some resources for better quality screws such as:

Thank you Simon! I just ordered a set after reading up on the reviews. It will be significantly cheaper than what my gunsmith would charge. Although I don't mind supporting his business, I would much rather fix it myself if I can.

This was the result:

View attachment 66049

View attachment 66050

IMG_3151.gif

Mines built in………😮😮

FOLOW UP. So to add insult to injury, I just checked on the Archon screws again and it turns out they are for the Holosun K cut, which checks out, BUT not for the EPS Carry. Wanna guess what yours truly was mounting? EPS Carry screws are 6mm long, not 7.3mm, which accounts for the 1mm I had to take off the one screw to work. Wow!

Thank you Simon! I just ordered a set after reading up on the reviews. It will be significantly cheaper than what my gunsmith would charge. Although I don't mind supporting his business, I would much rather fix it myself if I can.
I've never had to modify any screws. I did have to call Vortex and get them to send me the correct screws. That was the very first red dot I ever bought ( Vortex Venom) it's on my Walther Q5.

Glad you have the right screws en route.

I’ve got the Holosun 507C X2 on both my XDM Elite’s, 10MM and 45ACP both 3.8 inch barreled guns.
When the Holosun’s were purchased they came with multiple sizes of screws.
I will say when I was in Montana I carried the 10MM exclusively but the campground road dust was horrendous and the 10MM
needs a serious cleaning and oiling including the mag springs.
I’ve switched to carrying the 45ACP

Back