testtest

The rifle thats is part of me

Sld1959

Hellcat
Got this on my 10th birthday i think it was, been a lonnnnnnnnng time. This little Marlin has taken untold small game, tin cans, and even acorns, yep shot my share of acorns with it. We used to line them up like army men on the other side of the gully, say 25 yards I guess and shoot them all day long or until the action gummed up so bad it would not work.

This little rifle still feels more natural to shoot than anything else, like it grew into me. I did refinish the stock when it got worn, sanded it down and glassed the grain with a piece of coke bottle bottom. Still my fav sit out in squirrel season gun.

20241017_171902.jpg

It looks new, nice rifle and memories.
Thsnk you, My dad taught me you take care of things they take care of you. About 15 years ago when they moved i had dozens of near mint toys to sell. My Daniel Boone gi Joe type figure was actually put into a book of toys by a guy in England.

The only bad thing was I had to clean a ton of orange off a lot of thrm. It seems that even as a kid I loved orange things and colored a lot of stuff with a big old orange El Marko marker. Lucky it came off eith alcohol. Dad said I once tried coloring my sister with one because it would look good with her red hair.

20221108_123712.jpg

Back