testtest

The Walther PPK/S in .32 ACP: The Bond Choice

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
While I never owned or shot one of these, deep down I still have a hankering for one….good read

I’m not much of a fan of the PP series, yet seem to have owned a few along the way. One that stands out is one of those surplussed .32 PPs that were pretty common maybe 25 years ago.

It was a very accurate pistol! And I mean “accurate” in two ways the word is usually used: It shot nice little groups, and it was easy to hit with. I should have kept it, but a .32 of that size was and is hard for me to justify.

The PP always seemed like a great size for a .22 pistol. Big enough to shoot easily enough and no bigger.

I like the Walther PP series pistols and have several. Two are in .32acp. One is one of the surplus PP Police pistols imported by Century some years ago. The other is a S&W made PPK/S. These are hard to find in .32.
Both are outstanding shooters and I'd have no problem with carrying one. (y)

Years ago I purchased one of the original Bersa Argentinian 383A in .380. Its fun to shoot. Never had an issue. LOL .32 acp is an ok round. They tend to perform beneath a .380 in clear gel. But that being said I have friends who shoot .22 mag and are quite happy. I know very few people who would want to be shot with anything.

Contrary to popular belief/opinion the .32 can "punch above its weight class". Penetration is the forte of the .32. With Buffalo Bore's 75-grain HCLFP heavy penetration load, you can handily reach 18 inches in 10% ordnance gel.

The 9mm Browning causes slide bite in the Walther because you are using a cartridge with greater recoil. On the other hand, the Walther was originally engineered around the 7.65 Browning, so it's "just right".

The lighter-recoiling .32 ACP can do more, with less.

Back