testtest

Thompson Center’s New Competition Rimfire Rifles

I have a "Thompson Center Contender" carbine conversion in .22 cal and it's a virtual tack driver. Some years ago when I was still shooting pretty regularly, I participated in many rimfire matches at the gun club. I was a consistently high scorer even with some really high dollar rifles in play. Suffice it to say I'm a committed Thompson Center fan ........ up to these rifle offerings. These are the god awfullest ugly things I think I've ever seen. And I'm willing to bet they don't do a bit better than those old Contender conversions.

These are nice rifles, but give me a 10/22 anytime, my brother had one of there heavy barreled target models, utterly a tack driver

I love my 10/22 and would no doubt pick it up to “rack” around with. These target rifles, and not just this one but even the new custom shop 10/22 amongst the others are a different breed in terms of accuracy. Mine and your 10/22 are excellent all purpose rifles and these “bench” rifles just like RPR and the Howa chassis rifles and the Tikka T3X TAC A1 along with the others are head and shoulder over our Rem 700 and Savage 110, although they may not be the prettiest to some, (I like them, in part of the configuration to the shooter) but they can shoot.

Back