testtest

Top 3 Methods for Shooting with a Handheld Flashlight

rather telling the author listed no downsided to the temple/jawline technique. Seriously? holding a light against your head - and that won't be a firing point for an armed adversary? Or looking around a corner and illuminating something close which would blind you temporarily. None of my instructors ever mentioned this one.
The FBI version is much better and safer, the other one is ok.

rather telling the author listed no downsided to the temple/jawline technique. Seriously? holding a light against your head - and that won't be a firing point for an armed adversary? Or looking around a corner and illuminating something close which would blind you temporarily. None of my instructors ever mentioned this one.
The FBI version is much better and safer, the other one is ok.
Back in the 50 lumens maglight days that would be of concern.

Today with 800-1,000 limits being the norm that concern is not so much valid.

That’s the less lethal part that’s overlooked. You tend to blind bad guys with direct pointing with the high lumen lights these days.

For large open spaces I liked the FBI technique or even having the light up higher and away from the body. For building search or close in work I did a modified Harries with the butt of the gun on the top of my light hand. Never liked the full Harries as it's too easy to have your arms tied up if you have a close in adversary and withdrawing the gun to a retention position often has you muzzling your light hand. Just my perceptions and preference.

For large open spaces I liked the FBI technique or even having the light up higher and away from the body. For building search or close in work I did a modified Harries with the butt of the gun on the top of my light hand. Never liked the full Harries as it's too easy to have your arms tied up if you have a close in adversary and withdrawing the gun to a retention position often has you muzzling your light hand. Just my perceptions and preference.
Yep

Back