testtest

Top .380 Pistol Options for Deep Carry

Shot all of them, plus many others when I decided to retire my Colt .25 vest pocket from covert carry duty on it’s centennial birthday.

Went with the 238 (would’ve also gone for the Kimber Micro, but I got a screamin’ deal on the Sig).

Great thing I learned—Kimber Micro mags work just fine in it, and are usually 1/2-2/3 the cost of Sig’s.

I have had several of them over the years, the one that replaced them all, and is carried today? The Taurus M380, it tops every one I have shot for reliability.

Obviously though it does not fit the title, being a revolver and not a pistol.

I carried the Glock 42 briefly when it was first released. The G42 is a fine gun, but I never really considered it to be a "Deep Concealment" option. The Ruger LCP II has been my go-to option whenever my wardrobe requires me to pocket carry. I can see the logic behind leaving the Springfield 911 off the list because it is considered by many to be a copy of the Sig P238. However, I feel confident that both the 911 and the Kimber Micro are better Deep Concealment options than the Walther or S&W 380 EZ. I'm sure that the 380 Shield and the PPK are quality guns, but if you can conceal either of these (or the G42) you can probably conceal a 365 or a Hellcat just as easily.

I have the Hellcat and the 911. I’m having a little hard time on concealing the Hellcat. I’m not really built for it. I’m 5 7” and about 180. Little bit of a belly. So not that long torso that would hide better. Holster issues too, I ordered one today so will see but I bought the 911 to carry and heck with a Sticky I can throw in pocket or even just place it in my pants and my skin holds it well. I’ll keep playing with it all. The Hellcat has a red dot on it too. So that don’t help. Oh and yes on the 238/911 there almost identical

Shot all of them, plus many others when I decided to retire my Colt .25 vest pocket from covert carry duty on it’s centennial birthday.

Went with the 238 (would’ve also gone for the Kimber Micro, but I got a screamin’ deal on the Sig).

Great thing I learned—Kimber Micro mags work just fine in it, and are usually 1/2-2/3 the cost of Sig’s.
Had no idea the Kimber Micro mags worked in the 238. Good to know. With the .380’s I have and gone through they are something I don’t spend a lot of money on. I rarely carry one. The Sig 238 and 938 (9mm) are among my favorite. I went with the Ruger LCPII and for all intent purposes I am pleased with it. For when all I can carry is the little .380 the Ruger serves it purpose. I shot the Glock and liked it as well.

Back