testtest

Top 5 Holy Grail Guns

Grail guns are typically those that are discontinued or not imported anymore, thus are highly desireable & expensive, rare or unobtainable.

Well, IMO only two out of the five in the article qualify - original Pythons & and "original" Swiss P210.

Otherwise, both high-cap 45s are common as are 1911'a so they don't qualify. The new P210 is readily available also.
And the SIG Sauer GSR Revolution 1911 is just a niche 1911, as are many other niche 1911s. And now there are new gen Pythons.

But I guess for an individual that doesn't own any of those listed in the article, like apparently with the author, then they can be grail to acquire.

Grail guns for me are; a SVD rifle, a Bren 10, a Colt Diamondback, a AMT Back-up, and semi-auto versions of the PKM and original imported Swiss SG 551/552.

My .02

Last edited:
I’ve got 3 on his list...

And I agree with Talyn, the only two which are true “Grails” are the Python and the P210–if it’s an original Swiss; the modern repros

Personal Grails?

HK P7K3 w/full conversion kit, a 3” Combat Python (original), S&W Registered Magnum, HK 21E semi conversion, HK Mk23, and a HK PSG-1.

And I agree with Talyn, the only two which are true “Grails” are the Python and the P210–if it’s an original Swiss; the modern repros

Personal Grails?

HK P7K3 w/full conversion kit, a 3” Combat Python (original), S&W Registered Magnum, HK 21E semi conversion, HK Mk23, and a HK PSG-1.

I agree. I'm only going to consider one, the Python (original Gen 1), as a legit Grail gun on his list, although he showed a new P210 vs. an original Swiss P210.

So I'm not counting my 1911's due to the factors above.

I've got the Python covered.

But, again for folks that don;t have any of those they can be grails for them.

Last edited:

Personal Grails?

I’ve lusted over a PSG-1 for decades

I agree on the original Python, forgot about the AMT backup. Never saw a Sig P210.

The Bren 10 & AMT Backup are lowest on my list since I have a XDM 5.25 10mm and my Kahr PM9 fills the AMT Backup niche.

My LGS has had the new Gen P210's and while nice it's an un-necessary item.

I’ve lusted over a PSG-1 for decades
I actually looked at one about 10 years ago, Tulsa Gun Show...the only on I’ve ever actually seen in the flesh.

The $15k price tag, though...I would’ve had to liquidate way too much to have gotten it.

In retrospect...I probably should’ve.

The Sig 210 is the only one that grabbed my attention although I came real close to picking up a Sig 227 a couple years back, I wish I had of. Now Sig has the P210 which is really nice and very accurate.

I've ALWAYS wanted one of these from Rock Island Arsenal. I think it's one of the most bad assed looking rifles I've ever seen. Mk 14 Mod 0 Enhanced Battle Rifle.

1605645321764.png

Back