testtest

Transferrable MP5

Bassbob

Emissary
One of the bosses in my yard at work is an HK nut. He has a buddy who is a dealer. He has a full auto MP5 and he is going to take me out to the range soon to play with it. I'm in serious trouble probably. The woman will forgive a grand or even two, but 30? Oh man.

Yeah I was being very generalizing where cost is concerned. I really don't know what the current going rate is. I know it's more than I can spend. It will be very cool to get to play with it though. I have never seen even a civilian version in person.

He was lamenting this morning about having just sold another HK. Some sort of 5.56. He apparently sold it a week or so ago and now wants to buy it back, but his "Buddy" already sold it to someone else. After he asked him to give him first dibs if he ever sold it. Dude only made about $300 on the deal too. I didn't catch what model it was, but he sold it to him for $3200. Dude sold it for 35.

Meh, they are fun, but not quite worth cost of running them. The amount of time it takes to empty a mag is ridiculous. Enjoy the time playing and buy a semi-auto and spend 25k on ammo.
* my favorite part is waiting to hear the spent casings fall. Gauranteed to put a smile on your face for week.

I truly miss my MP5, I wish HK would start making a full size semi auto version of it again. An incredibly accurate SMG, a joy to shoot, the epitome of German firearms manufacturing. You could run through a case of ammo before you knew it. So fahrvergnugen. The prices on the civilian market are crazy. I bought 16 of them with Navy trigger groups for my tactical team in the mid 80's and paid 1600 each for them, which we thought was pretty steep. If I had only known back then.

Yeah I was being very generalizing where cost is concerned. I really don't know what the current going rate is. I know it's more than I can spend. It will be very cool to get to play with it though. I have never seen even a civilian version in person.

He was lamenting this morning about having just sold another HK. Some sort of 5.56. He apparently sold it a week or so ago and now wants to buy it back, but his "Buddy" already sold it to someone else. After he asked him to give him first dibs if he ever sold it. Dude only made about $300 on the deal too. I didn't catch what model it was, but he sold it to him for $3200. Dude sold it for 35.
Probably a HK93, at that price…

I truly miss my MP5, I wish HK would start making a full size semi auto version of it again. An incredibly accurate SMG, a joy to shoot, the epitome of German firearms manufacturing. You could run through a case of ammo before you knew it. So fahrvergnugen. The prices on the civilian market are crazy. I bought 16 of them with Navy trigger groups for my tactical team in the mid 80's and paid 1600 each for them, which we thought was pretty steep. If I had only known back then.
See: SP5L.

16” barrel, you can put a stock on it…basically the HK94 all over again.

By the bye…on of my favorite shooting experiences was with a real-deal MP5SD. If you remember what an old IBM Selectric typewriter sounded like…that’s the best description. No muzzle report, just the action cycling.
It was a great gun but some maintenance complexities. Using the Navy gun with a threaded barrel and screw-on supressor was more cop proof. But you are right they are quiet-we fired them without ear pro with no problem. The loudest sound was the brass hitting the floor

Speaking of HK and MP5/SP5 check out what I did on this SP5 for a giveaway. Kind of hurt my feelings but it’s just another gun. The bright side was that I removed the stupid warning logo on the magwell.

F7963C6A-F590-4849-A98F-EA9316A91463.jpeg

D10405AE-C894-4F51-A955-283EBF9EC341.jpeg

Cool gun but still just a pistol with a buttstock. Not worth the money! Ive shot thousands of rounds through them but dumped it once I was given an M4 replacement. Never looked back

Good video on the HK SP5 along with a giveaway (looking like the one xdman posted above). I agree with Hans, great job xdman, but I'll just keep my basic black model. :cool:

Back