testtest

Underwood Ammo

Gotta be quick.
1612543047100.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I prefer the BARNES 140 grain bullet for .357 MAG. Any barrel length, any purpose. Every troublesome critter I have shot with that bullet as loaded by BARNES have not taken another step. I had tried just about everything else I tried.

How about YOU make a comparable product with the same bullet BUT optimized for CARBINE and the various lengths of revolvers.

I have an AMMO DEALER here in California that will import your product for me. What is necessary on your end to be able to ship AMMO, the really quality AMMO you make to me in California.

I prefer the BARNES 140 grain bullet for .357 MAG. Any barrel length, any purpose. Every troublesome critter I have shot with that bullet as loaded by BARNES have not taken another step. I had tried just about everything else I tried.

How about YOU make a comparable product with the same bullet BUT optimized for CARBINE and the various lengths of revolvers.

I have an AMMO DEALER here in California that will import your product for me. What is necessary on your end to be able to ship AMMO, the really quality AMMO you make to me in California.

Who are YOU talking to? :rolleyes:

“Optimized” CARBINE AND various length revolvers? So, different loads for everything from a 2.1” S&W 360 all the way up to a 18-20” long gun?

Never happen; you want that, go buy a Rockchucker and roll your own...that's what I do for a lot of my .357’s, at least.

I will agree with you on the Barnes 140, though; works just great on deer (only thing I’ve hunted with it) out of my 6” Model 28; 20 yard shot on a mover (spooked when I brought up the pistol) broke the shoulder and punched through the boiler room to end up in the off side rib cage. Piled it up right there, it snorted twice on the ground and was gone by the time I walked up to it.

I only use Barnes for hunting.

“Optimized” CARBINE AND various length revolvers? So, different loads for everything from a 2.1” S&W 360 all the way up to a 18-20” long gun?

Never happen; you want that, go buy a Rockchucker and roll your own...that's what I do for a lot of my .357’s, at least.

I will agree with you on the Barnes 140, though; works just great on deer (only thing I’ve hunted with it) out of my 6” Model 28; 20 yard shot on a mover (spooked when I brought up the pistol) broke the shoulder and punched through the boiler room to end up in the off side rib cage. Piled it up right there, it snorted twice on the ground and was gone by the time I walked up to it.

I only use Barnes for hunting.
I load and reload constantly, have since 1965. I make such loads as you write of BUT I cannot do as good a job as a producer such as UNDERWOOD: 1. Fastest powder possible for the 2 - 3 inch .38/.357 S&Ws to reduce flash which is unburned powder. Also reduces the velocity loss from the short barrels. 2. I use much slower powder, like H110, for the carbines with their 16, 20, & 24 inch barrels. 3. Use regular .38/.357 loads for the 4, 5, and 6 inch barrel revolvers. 3. Still working on load(s) for the 8 3/8 inch model 27.

Reloaders such as UNDERWOOD have access to & use non-canister grade powders that I cannot get. Those powders will do a better job meeting the three different requirements I have for shortest & longest barrel revolvers plus the carbines.

There used to be commercial AMMO producers that would work with US but they are mostly gone now or have gotten too big for custom orders. One example is CORE-BON, Peter's father I think, maybe. Another small producer used to make heavy hard cast deep penetrating bullets for the .44 MAG and .45/70 for bear defense. I am sorry but I have forgotten the name of that company.

I do not take offense with that "...buy a Rock Chucker" crack BUT I have worn-out two of those and now have four of the best presses available not counting the three Dillons.

Best wishes...

I load and reload constantly, have since 1965. I make such loads as you write of BUT I cannot do as good a job as a producer such as UNDERWOOD: 1. Fastest powder possible for the 2 - 3 inch .38/.357 S&Ws to reduce flash which is unburned powder. Also reduces the velocity loss from the short barrels. 2. I use much slower powder, like H110, for the carbines with their 16, 20, & 24 inch barrels. 3. Use regular .38/.357 loads for the 4, 5, and 6 inch barrel revolvers. 3. Still working on load(s) for the 8 3/8 inch model 27.

Reloaders such as UNDERWOOD have access to & use non-canister grade powders that I cannot get. Those powders will do a better job meeting the three different requirements I have for shortest & longest barrel revolvers plus the carbines.

There used to be commercial AMMO producers that would work with US but they are mostly gone now or have gotten too big for custom orders. One example is CORE-BON, Peter's father I think, maybe. Another small producer used to make heavy hard cast deep penetrating bullets for the .44 MAG and .45/70 for bear defense. I am sorry but I have forgotten the name of that company.

I do not take offense with that "...buy a Rock Chucker" crack BUT I have worn-out two of those and now have four of the best presses available not counting the three Dillons.

Best wishes...
Fair enough; I’m still on my first Rockchucker...

I can see where they could come up with a short barrel load—say, optimized for 2-3” barrels, and maybe a carbine load, for 16”+...but, as I mentioned earlier, I’ve run their 125gr XTP loads out of a 2.5” 686, and gotten excellent results; their chrono was pretty respectable, as well—well north of 1400fps, if memory serves. Hard to improve on that.

Back