testtest

Upgrading my new SA Garrison 45ACP

I have a brand new Springfield Armory Garrison 45ACP with a 5" barrel.
While I was shopping, I was looking at the "Loaded Parkerized" which was more expensive.
My question is about the firing pin and spring difference. I saw a review that said the Loaded version has a titanium firing pin with a stronger spring which prevents the firearm from discharging when dropped. If that is the case, would it be wise to upgrade my Garrison firing pin and spring ?

I have a brand new Springfield Armory Garrison 45ACP with a 5" barrel.
While I was shopping, I was looking at the "Loaded Parkerized" which was more expensive.
My question is about the firing pin and spring difference. I saw a review that said the Loaded version has a titanium firing pin with a stronger spring which prevents the firearm from discharging when dropped. If that is the case, would it be wise to upgrade my Garrison firing pin and spring ?
Yes, all Springfields 1911’s have the titanium firing pins and heavier firing pin springs, factory recoil springs for a .45 are 16lb, I change mine to 18 1/2 lb variable rate recoil springs.

Last edited:
Wow, That's some good info. The Wolff XP spring is for the guide rail correct ?
Or is it the main spring you're talking about ?

The XP Spring is a firing pin spring. SA uses an XXP firing pin spring to aid in passing drop tests. My preference is for the XP one that comes with a Wolff Recoil spring.

My Ronin is a 9mm and SA uses a 9lb recoil spring and I changed mine to an 11 pounder.

Back