testtest

Victor 5.56 Hand-Guard

ToddJ70

Alpha
I'm very disappointed that I can not find a suppressor that will fit inside of the hand-guard and I'm even more disappointed that Springfield Armory never thought about this problem. They should have created a second hand-guard option that would accommodate a suppressor.

Has anyone found a non-OEM hand-guard to allow the use of a suppressor?

Thank you!

I'm very disappointed that I can not find a suppressor that will fit inside of the hand-guard and I'm even more disappointed that Springfield Armory never thought about this problem. They should have created a second hand-guard option that would accommodate a suppressor.

Thank you!
I’ve seen a few on .300 blackouts but never asked the brand. They are out there.
suppressor community is small from overall gun ownership, thus items like this are pure aftermarket companies

I have the Saint Victor Pistol in 5.56. I also have a .300 BLK upper. I’ve thought about getting a suppressor and if I do, I’m going to get something that will fit both. Through my own research, what I’m thinking about doing is getting a thread adaptor to be able to use the .300 suppressor on my 5.56. The link to this part should fit under the handguard and stick out enough to fit the suppressor. And when the suppressor isn’t on it, you should be able to get a blast diverter or flash suppressor to fit the thread pattern of this piece. Don’t know if this helps or not, but I think I’m going with the concept when I do get a suppressor.

Last edited:
I have the Saint Victor Pistol in 5.56. I also have a .300 BLK upper. I’ve thought about getting a suppressor and if I do, I’m going to get something that will fit both. Through my own research, what I’m thinking about doing is getting a thread adaptor to be able to use the .300 suppressor on my 5.56. The link to this part should fit under the handguard and stick out enough to fit the suppressor. And when the suppressor isn’t on it, you should be able to get a blast diverted or flash suppressor to fit the thread pattern of this piece. Don’t know if this helps or not, but I think I’m going with the concept when I do get a suppressor.

If you get a suppressor with a QD mount feature you only need to replace the muzzle device on each rifle so the suppressor can be switched quickly without any tools and also accommodate a blast diverter by the same suppressor manufacturer.

One thing with switching between is never put a hot suppressor on a cold rifle barrel or vise versa or you will be asking for problems when it come time to remove it.

If you get a suppressor with a QD mount feature you only need to replace the muzzle device on each rifle so the suppressor can be switched quickly without any tools and also accommodate a blast diverter by the same suppressor manufacturer.

One thing with switching between is never put a hot suppressor on a cold rifle barrel or vise versa or you will be asking for problems when it come time to remove it.
Good option...

I have the Saint Victor Pistol in 5.56. I also have a .300 BLK upper. I’ve thought about getting a suppressor and if I do, I’m going to get something that will fit both. Through my own research, what I’m thinking about doing is getting a thread adaptor to be able to use the .300 suppressor on my 5.56. The link to this part should fit under the handguard and stick out enough to fit the suppressor. And when the suppressor isn’t on it, you should be able to get a blast diverter or flash suppressor to fit the thread pattern of this piece. Don’t know if this helps or not, but I think I’m going with the concept when I do get a suppressor.

Even if you don’t have a .300 BLK or another .30 cal rifle/pistol, I would think you could still use this thread adaptor just to clear the handguard on your Saint Victor. As others here have mentioned in other threads, make sure the suppressor you get is compatible with a short barrel pistol (if that’s what you have). If it’s an actual rifle, then pretty much any 30 cal suppressor should work on a 5.56. I believe this would be a much cheaper option than changing out your handguard, especially if you like the one that’s on there.

Even if you don’t have a .300 BLK or another .30 cal rifle/pistol, I would think you could still use this thread adaptor just to clear the handguard on your Saint Victor. As others here have mentioned in other threads, make sure the suppressor you get is compatible with a short barrel pistol (if that’s what you have). If it’s an actual rifle, then pretty much any 30 cal suppressor should work on a 5.56.
Most likely any .30cal suppressor will work with a 5.56 but minimum barrel length may be an issue especially for the 5.56 depending on which suppressor you choose.

Thank you!
Its all about preference with the size of the handguard. With a vast majority of people not owning or having access to a suppressor the narrower hand guard fits more of the populace comfortably then have a wider handguard that would support a suppressor. I have both wider and narrower handguards on some rifles and pistols and for me the narrower guards feel a lot better to shoot with.

There are plenty of options available in different price ranges and I would recommend Primary Arms as my first choice to look as they have great prices and fast shipping. I buy a ton of stuff from them.

Always double-check what the inside diameter is of a handguard and measure/check the specs on your suppressor.

BTW - SA isn't obligated to make their handguards suppressor compatible. So it's time to find what works foor you and swap the handguards out.

Even if you don’t have a .300 BLK or another .30 cal rifle/pistol, I would think you could still use this thread adaptor just to clear the handguard on your Saint Victor. As others here have mentioned in other threads, make sure the suppressor you get is compatible with a short barrel pistol (if that’s what you have). If it’s an actual rifle, then pretty much any 30 cal suppressor should work on a 5.56. I believe this would be a much cheaper option than changing out your handguard, especially if you like the one that’s on there.
Barrel thread sizes are diff between 5.56, .308, 30 cal . .308/30 cal Wont swap Without a thread adapter

Always double-check what the inside diameter is of a handguard and measure/check the specs on your suppressor.

BTW - SA isn't obligated to make their handguards suppressor compatible. So it's time to find what works foor you and swap the handguards out.
If you want brand loyalty, especially during these times, I would consider it less about obligation and more about customer satisfaction, repeat buying and positive referral.

If you want brand loyalty, especially during these times, I would consider it less about obligation and more about customer satisfaction, repeat buying and positive referral.
Tell me—what percentage of Saint buyers are running cans on them? Single digits, would be my wager...likely low single digits.

It’s kinda like expecting them to put a magazine disconnect in their carry pistols because a few customers would like one.

Tell me—what percentage of Saint buyers are running cans on them? Single digits, would be my wager...likely low single digits.

It’s kinda like expecting them to put a magazine disconnect in their carry pistols because a few customers would like one.
I had no idea that there were so many unloyal SA buyers.

I had no idea that there were so many unloyal SA buyers.

That's a weird statement. What's product loyalty have to do with the Victor handguard not able to allow for suppressor use? Loyaty to a brand has nothing to do with what product a manufacturer offers.

You haven't even described what suppressor you're planning on using.

Just because the product isn't compatible with some of your other needs doesn't justify crapping on folks here.

Showing up here and trash talking folks trying to give you factual advice isn't real smart.

You've been given enough info to move forward. The rest is up to you.

Last edited:
Most people customize their ARs. In fact most people buy the parts they want and build their own. At that price point the SA AR-15s probably have the highest quality basic components on the market. It's a very attractive out of the box platform to use as a jumping off point.

It's an AR man, and it's a hand guard. Just go get the one you want. Simple.

Back