testtest

Walther Arms Brings Out ‘Hybrid’ PDP Pro-E: New for 2024

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Looks like this is a good addition to the Walther line…..interesting

For striker fired handguns - I've owned Glocks (19s, 43, 43x), Sigs (P320, P365, P365XL, P 365 Legion), FN (509 tactical w/ flat OEM triggers, 510), Walthers (PPS M2, PPQ compact, PDP Compact 4", PDP FS, PDP-F 3.5", PDP Pro compact). I've shot M&Ps and H&K.

Of all those, I've found the Walther PDPs to be the best overall. For OEM triggers, I think the Walther PDPs are the best with that PDP Pro's trigger being phenomenal. I like the ergonomics of the PDP the best - both regular and F (Along with the H&K VP9)

I'm all for options - so I'm good with this new E model. It will be interesting to compare the E's trigger with the regular Pro (seems there is a difference in construction with plastic vs aluminium parts). I had a friend of mine shoot my PDP Pro a couple weeks ago. He owns a Staccato P and C2. He made the statement that the PDP Pro trigger was approaching the Staccato trigger for him. He was impressed.

For the money - it seems the regular PDP pros with the threaded barrels may still make the most sense - w/ threaded barrel for suppressor or Comp. That magwell makes for a great grip for medium to xl hands.

For mine -
I add brass backstraps to all as I think the extra weight balances them out nicely. I also added suppressor height back up sights and ditched the stock ones. On the Pro, I also dropped in a DPM captured recoil system. Thinking about adding that performance trigger to the full size.

Honestly, the PDP/PDP Pro has lead me to sell off my Glocks (except 1 remaining 19), P320 (listed locally). I was going to sell my FN 509 as well - but thinking I'll keep it to have a teaching firearms with iron sights (but its a firearm I no longer see me having any personal use for).

For striker fired, I'm all team Walther PDP and Sig P365 series (for the narrower width for EDC).

(For hammer fired, I'm more Sig Legion P series SAO - those things are fantastic.)

1720815602632.png

Back