testtest

Walther p22

The Taurus TX22 can't be beat in terms of reliability, capacity, and price.
B5A43C4F-EC05-44F8-BBA5-16304A4D6175.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I bought a used one back in November. At the time I only had a Taurus TX22 and a S&W 63-5 revolver in 22LR; and had taken my wife and a couple of her friends to a range to teach them. They gravitated toward the Smith revolver - thought I'd add the Walther to give them another option smaller than the TX 22 in an auto.

I put a few rounds through it testing function. It has a great ergonomic grip (for me) and shoots well. I like the added fiberoptic front sight on this one. Not a hiccup. Fired every round. I liked it, but it did not jump to be my favorite either. Not a big fan on the paddle mag release. Also, not on my "need to sell" list either. (I had a Ruger SR22 and that was not reliable for me at all - got rid of that one a long time ago).

Recently I added a Sig P322 - but between a kidney stone and Covid, I haven't got to shoot it yet. I expect it will jump to the top of my favorite 22 pistol list after I shoot it.

Note - for my astigmatism - the red rear sights (Tandemkross) on the TX22 kinda double on me. I do not have that issue with the all green on the Sig P322. The TX22 is a nice/great firearm.

1655507886826.png

Last edited:
Look at the TX22 Competition, it is an excellent pistol with a 5 inch bull barrel and is optic ready. I have one with 5000 flawless rounds through it. The standard TX22 is very good too. I have several thousand rounds through my standard TX22. The Sig P322 is also very good. I’ve got about 600 rounds through mine with no issues. I actually like my TX22 a bit more, but they both perform nearly identical. I would also have a look at the new Walther WMP, which fires 22 Magnum. And of course the FN502 is out there. I haven’t fired one but I haven’t read a bad thing about it. This is a great time to be looking for a great .22 pistol.

Love my TX22. Get the Tandemkross +5 mag kit for it too. Highly recommend.
If you're looking for holster options for your TX22 I recently discovered that my TX22 fits perfectly in a CZ P07 kydex holster. I was trying a few holsters I had laying around and I was surprised at how perfect the fit was.

The TX22 is pretty limited on holster options so I thought I'd share.

If you're looking for holster options for your TX22 I recently discovered that my TX22 fits perfectly in a CZ P07 kydex holster. I was trying a few holsters I had laying around and I was surprised at how perfect the fit was.

The TX22 is pretty limited on holster options so I thought I'd share.

Appreciate that. I never really considered carrying it at all but it gets old keeping it in the box when I bring it to the range, a holster to keep it in while I throw it in a range bag or dresser drawer would be nice. Thanks for the heads up!

Appreciate that. I never really considered carrying it at all but it gets old keeping it in the box when I bring it to the range, a holster to keep it in while I throw it in a range bag or dresser drawer would be nice. Thanks for the heads up!
The holster I tried the TX22 in was a IWB style holster from Fast Draw USA.

Back