testtest

What barriers do to ammunition

Good article.

I think a pretty common misapprehension among a lot of shooters that a JHP—particularly pistol JHP's—will expand in any medium...they think it will expand when it hits a wall, for example.

Tests like this show that ain’t the case.

Good article.

I think a pretty common misapprehension among a lot of shooters that a JHP—particularly pistol JHP's—will expand in any medium...they think it will expand when it hits a wall, for example.

Tests like this show that ain’t the case.

It does show however that .45 is more effective ( expansion) than 9mm when going through barriers.

I do think it’s one of the best rounds going, so it’s hard to go wrong with it if your pistols like it.

All of my .45s love it. I switched over to HST after quite a bit of testing. I had some Hornady CD and one of my .45s ( I think the Shield) didn't feed it reliably so I bought several boxes of different JHPs. To be fair, all of my .45s cycled Gold Dots and Hi Shoks just fine too. After cutting a treated 4x4 in half with one mag through the Shield I decided to run 230 gr. HSTs in all of them.

Currently I believe I have 7 .45s.

All of my .45s love it. I switched over to HST after quite a bit of testing. I had some Hornady CD and one of my .45s ( I think the Shield) didn't feed it reliably so I bought several boxes of different JHPs. To be fair, all of my .45s cycled Gold Dots and Hi Shoks just fine too. After cutting a treated 4x4 in half with one mag through the Shield I decided to run 230 gr. HSTs in all of them.

Currently I believe I have 7 .45s.

My main carry .45—my Baer Custom Carry—is loaded with Golden Saber after seeing how incredibly well it shoots; if I’m on my game, I can cut a golf-ball sized 8rd group at 50 feet with it, and stay under 4” at 50 yards...HST opens up just a bit more, I’ve found. I’ll take the slight edge in accuracy over a slight edge in expansion.

You pays your money and you makes your choices.

But otherwise? I’ve got no qualms running HST; pretty sure the USP's and HK45’s have it loaded, as well as the S&W's.

My main carry .45—my Baer Custom Carry—is loaded with Golden Saber after seeing how incredibly well it shoots; if I’m on my game, I can cut a golf-ball sized 8rd group at 50 feet with it, and stay under 4” at 50 yards...HST opens up just a bit more, I’ve found. I’ll take the slight edge in accuracy over a slight edge in expansion.

You pays your money and you makes your choices.

But otherwise? I’ve got no qualms running HST; pretty sure the USP's and HK45’s have it loaded, as well as the S&W's.

If I can hit a 4" gong consistently I'm happy.

Back