testtest

What we can do to help - donating PPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
By now we've all probably heard that hospitals are running low or out of vital PPE. The item I've heard about the most is the N95 mask. Here in Minnesota, I've been contacting local churches, businesses, and community groups to get their help reaching as many people as possible to let them know just how necessary these masks are to the nurses and doctors on the front line and ask them to donate every mask they can find in their home, garage, workshop, and place of business and to ask the people they know to do the same. There's been a good amount of driving involved but I'm having a reasonable amount of success with it, and hospitals have really appreciated the donations, even when its as small as 5 or 10 masks. I encourage you all to do the same. I know a lot of people hoarded the masks as soon as they heard about the virus, so they are out there. It takes some leg work but we can all help to support those taking care of us. They need it.

That’s awesome and I am all for and do support my local community and with that being said I have found that some companies I have ordered from in the past are doing “special” things where if you order something from them all the proceeds go to supplying mask and other necessities to hospitals and healthcare. It keeps my family and I off the road, except work and away from other people. Just another option along with what you are saying.

That’s awesome and I am all for and do support my local community and with that being said I have found that some companies I have ordered from in the past are doing “special” things where if you order something from them all the proceeds go to supplying mask and other necessities to hospitals and healthcare. It keeps my family and I off the road, except work and away from other people. Just another option along with what you are saying.
That's excellent! I'm lucky to be fairly young and with no risk factors, so I'm willing to take the risk to go collect PPE. Thankfully most people are willing to just drop their donations on their porch and I can drop it in a tote in the back of my truck. It sits there fo a few days to decontaminate and then I donate them.

That's excellent! I'm lucky to be fairly young and with no risk factors, so I'm willing to take the risk to go collect PPE. Thankfully most people are willing to just drop their donations on their porch and I can drop it in a tote in the back of my truck. It sits there fo a few days to decontaminate and then I donate them.
That’s awesome and proud you are helping out. Stay safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back