testtest

When Your CCW Can Put You in Danger

In one sentence:

Know ALL relevant laws in any jurisdiction you are in, including if you carry no weapons and will only defend yourself with your hands and feet.

When I was in law enforcement we would charge the bad actor with menacing when brandishing a weapon! It had more leeway in its definition and it was a low grade x
Felony! Butt as always we have too look ag the entire circumstance.

I live in a concealed carry/open carry state without a permit being required. I believe I can go from concealed carry to open carry at any time just by lifting my shirt or jacket over my holster thus exposing my weapon. I also have a CCW permit just because, even though I don’t have to have one. It is good for reciprocity in other states and makes buying a gun an easier process.

According to the article, in states with 'Open Carry' laws, just carrying a pistol in a holster on one's side can place you in jepordy of brandishing a weapon.
Here in California that aspect is moot. California did away with open carry several years ago (big surprise). In fact huge emphasis is placed on remaining concealed if you are a CCW holder. In training, a lot of time is dedicated to carry style, holster type and printing. Should you expose your firearm you might traumatize our sensitive snowflakes!🙄 My department requires all officers carrying concealed to wear their departmental badge when carrying concealed off duty (even retired). And that really isn't a bad idea. It may reduce friendly fire incidents

Last edited:
In Cali, I realize the importance of not even inadvertently flashing my holstered weapon (Glock 26 AIWB). Not always easy to do, but I'm getting better at it. Occasionally, I realize I am "printing" more than I should and try to mitigate that.
That is usually the bigger concern than flashing... but both are important things to consider, especially depending on context (i.e. location and situation).

Back