testtest

Which one to buy???

3L120

Elite
In the spirit of this site, I bought a spare AR lower from Palmetto. With that out of the way, I need an upper. Already have 2 complete 5.56 rifles and a 6.8. So, for the next one do I go big with a 458 SOCOM, or small with a .234 Valkyrie, or some other caliber? Normally, I buy the ammo and then find a firearm to use it in, but with the available choices, it is all very confusing! So what would you do?

In the spirit of this site, I bought a spare AR lower from Palmetto. With that out of the way, I need an upper. Already have 2 complete 5.56 rifles and a 6.8. So, for the next one do I go big with a 458 SOCOM, or small with a .234 Valkyrie, or some other caliber? Normally, I buy the ammo and then find a firearm to use it in, but with the available choices, it is all very confusing! So what would you do?
Whats your intended use ?
Plinking ? Hunting ? Etc …

I’m a fan of 6.5 Grendel, but I do a lot of hunting of hogs & yotes

What is my intended purpose? Darned if I know! Probably just something to play with. At 80, I still get out and enjoy shooting. I gave up on getting drawn for a tag in Utah years ago. The .22 is interesting, but I have heard some not so good stories about them. Grendel is close to my 6.8. I reload so strange calibers aren’t a problem, long as I can get cases. This is a heck of a problem to have!

What is my intended purpose? Darned if I know! Probably just something to play with. At 80, I still get out and enjoy shooting. I gave up on getting drawn for a tag in Utah years ago. The .22 is interesting, but I have heard some not so good stories about them. Grendel is close to my 6.8. I reload so strange calibers aren’t a problem, long as I can get cases. This is a heck of a problem to have!
Do both if you can. I have several AR15s in 22lr; .223 Wylde; 5.56 (several different manufactures); .224 Valkyrie; .350 Legend; 6.5 Grendel; 6.8 Spc; .450 Bushmaster; .458 Socom; and .50 Beowulf. The 450 Bushmaster, 458 Socom and 50 Beowulf and more hard hitting calibers, the 224 Valkyrie is more like a 556 recoil and provides flat shooting long distance shots (I've watched videos of 1000 yards plus). I'm like you, these are more toys at the range than built for a specific purpose.
Edit: I also own several 300 Blackout AR carbines and pistols.

This won't be much help, but I've seen only two .458-Socom's at my local gun range (AR-style). Both malfunctioned after almost every shot. I have NO IDEA what make either rifle/pistol/SBR was or the ammo...thus there is no help here. However, after seeing that, added to the price and scarcity of the ammo, I'd not likely own one. I've kinda been smitten by 7.62x39 lately.

Back