testtest

Will Springfield ever move out of Illinois?

SA just built/or are in the process of building a new facility in the same place as they have been. I understand local loyality but they could have just moved a few miles west across the river into Iowa which would have allowed folks that live in IL to commute to work easily on the two Interstate highways.

SA just built/or are in the process of building a new facility in the same place as they have been. I understand local loyality but they could have just moved a few miles west across the river into Iowa which would have allowed folks that live in IL to commute to work easily on the two Interstate highways.
they can also convert any new building into office space or condos, and get outta Dodge, and reap the rental payments.

fingers crossed.....

Trouble with re-locating has always been with moving away from your skilled machinists and technicians. They have about 200 employees with pretty good pay scales. I am sure the local community will offer many incentives to keep them local. I would like to see a cluster of gun makers co-located in a gun friendly state so they can develop a sustainable local skill base

they can also convert any new building into office space or condos, and get outta Dodge, and reap the rental payments.

fingers crossed.....
They would not find anyone standing in line to rent property in Geneseo. They would also have the same problem with their family homes when it came to selling them.

They are also multi generational folks with lots of family in the area. Moving would be very painful for them.

They are building a whole new campus outside of the city proper near the Reese farm. So Probably not. Interesting fact Armalite, Springfield and Rock River Arms are a few miles apart from each other.…..From what I have been told, that area of IL is very pro gun. Thats like judging Alabama based on Birmingha/Montgomery (capital) and Mobile. Those big cities are completely different from the rest of the state.

Interesting fact Armalite, Springfield and Rock River Arms are a few miles apart from each other.…..From what I have been told, that area of IL is very pro gun.
This is true, there were more but they had had enough and left the state. Before The company now known as Armalite, they were known as Eagle Arms. I have one of their H-bars. Damn fine rifle has not once hiccupped.

I was under the impression that Armalite is now manufactured in Arizona but company headquarters is Illinois. If that's the case it's just going to take one bad day to up and leave.

I grew up in that state. The dividing line north and south of I-80 is like two separate countries.
As a Hoosier neighbor, I have always felt sorry for "down state" Illini. Most people automatically associate Illinois with Chicagoland. Very sad. (Indiana, BTW, is also like two different states, with the dividing line being US-40.)

Back