testtest

Winchester Model 12 16-Gauge Shotgun: Its History

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Big fan of the Model 12 & the 16 ga. but don't have one in the 16.

Combining hard-hitting authority with light, responsive handling, the 16-gauge Winchester Model 12 could well be the most capable version.

Winchester Model 12 16-Gauge Shotgun

winchester-model-12-16-gauge-shotgun-001-1200x800.jpg

Yes.

I missed the ball a few years ago in getting one of the limited production M37 Trench guns that Ithaca produced.
My 37 is a featherlight 20 ga. with either a 24" or 26" barrel. Engraved, manufactured in 1962 or 1964 ( I don't recall now). My father bought it for his father. My dad had gotten grampa into quail hunting and the old man was using a long, heavy, bolt action 16 ga. with a full length one piece wooden stock. and my dad got tired of watching him lug the bastard around so he bought him the Ithaca.

My father-in-law had a Model 12 in 20 ga. I think everybody anted to borrow his shotgun when it came time for turkey shoots in the fall. For those unfamiliar, you didn’t shoot at turkeys.

My father-in-law had a Model 12 in 20 ga. I think everybody anted to borrow his shotgun when it came time for turkey shoots in the fall. For those unfamiliar, you didn’t shoot at turkeys.
All the meat shoot guns I've ever seen don't look at all like anything I would take into the woods. Some guys get pretty damn stupid with it.

Back