testtest

Working at the Code 300 Butt in 1960s

I worked at the Testing Butts Bld 300 in 1960s for 3-4 months. Mostly on SPIW testing. It was a summer college job. Friend Art Zaveralla , head of Engineering Dept got the job for me. I have a dumpster Diving spent bullet collection from that summer at the Butts! I am a retired. NASA Givie Engr. My dad also worked at Armory as Efficiency Engr. This message will not take photos of the shells! I also have my dads files from Armory. Joseph C Bolt. I also graduated from Spfld Tech HS in 1957 & bowled candle pin , shot rifle targets, etc at Spfld Armory. I also have a stereo photo of the parts dept women working on boxes of parts.

Hi, I only know one! Springfield MA & I went to school at Springfield Technical HS next door! Also WNEC Grad & Masters Degree also & A PE! We lived in Wilbraham . My dad was a Civil Servant at Spfld Armory! Building 300 was down the street then & the shooting "Noise" U know! Hi -------Different Springfield Armory… POSSIBLY U R CORRECT????

I worked at the Testing Butts Bld 300 in 1960s for 3-4 months. Mostly on SPIW testing. It was a summer college job. Friend Art Zaveralla , head of Engineering Dept got the job for me. I have a dumpster Diving spent bullet collection from that summer at the Butts! I am a retired. NASA Givie Engr. My dad also worked at Armory as Efficiency Engr. This message will not take photos of the shells! I also have my dads files from Armory. Joseph C Bolt. I also graduated from Spfld Tech HS in 1957 & bowled candle pin , shot rifle targets, etc at Spfld Armory. I also have a stereo photo of the parts dept women working on boxes of parts.

Let’s get this straight—what you are quoting me as saying I never said—you said it my profile.

And let me guess—the SA you are referring to was in Massachusetts, correct?

The current company Springfield Armory bought the rights to use the name; that’s the only thing they have in common. They’re not even in MA; they’re in Illinois.

Perhaps this will help you. The government SA closed in 68, then later a company bought the name for thier business. There is no direct correlation between the two other than the name and the new company making copies of some of the weapons.

Back