testtest

Your favorite type of rifle...

I'm a true handgun fan but I have had a few rifles in my time. Now the one I have had the most fun with was a Single Shot, Bolt Action, .22cal, Benjamin Air Rifle. Got a lot of crows with that sitting out on the back porch.
Then there was a little butt feed gallery, pump, .22 cal. As I recall it only would handle shorts. Can't remember the make. Those were the most fun I've had shooting. Yes, it was in the younger days.

I have just about every type of rifle. I have to think my favorite would be the bolt action rifle as that is what I have hunted with the most. Have to admit though have probably taken more white-tailed deer with my only lever action, a Marlin .357 magnum. That rifle has a maximum effective range of about 150 yards so it made me pick my shots and the circumstances in which I would shoot. I also have a love affair with all the military surplus bolt guns especially the 1917 Enfield. :)

I own a few types of semi autos and black powder rifles but I enjoy my 30-30 Winchester 94 the most. She's a classy old gal and a real good companion. Range time can get expensive quickly so she's limited to special range days.

I have always leaned toward lever action but the others have advantages as well.
I never cared for the function of a bolt action until I bought my Tikka. The action on it is butter smooth and the trigger matches. It has become one of my favorite rifles.

Bolt actions = 1903A3s,

349189d92fe05ef942d750af88c55375.jpg

falling block B-78.

image.jpeg

and Garands.

M1-Garand-WWII-Rifle-History-740x400.jpeg

Back