testtest

New profile posts

I am new to red dots, and recently received my SMSc for my Hellcat. When mounting it, it seems to not seat fully and can see some light under the front edge part of the sight. My question do you have to kinda push down hard on the sight to get it to seat flush, like I think it should? It appears that the battery is flush with the base of the sight. Thanks.
Total Newbie ... First personal handgun since getting out of the Army many years ago: Hellcat OSP. What a beautiful pistol! My problem is that arthritis is making loading magazines rather difficult. Are there any good, Hellcat-specific loaders out there you'd recommend? Thanks!
NHJAXON
Reactions: BET7 and BobM
Vegeta420z
Vegeta420z
Reactions: BobM
Yankee Papa
Yankee Papa
Maglula makes adapters for 1911 mags to fit them exactly It snaps on. It really helps keep the mag steady on the table.

Attachments

• Maglula 1911 adapter.jpg
    Maglula 1911 adapter.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 176
Yankee Papa
Yankee Papa
It's working a spring that eventually tires it out. Stepping on them and screwing up the feed lips beyond repair or busting the welded floor plates are what have killed mine.
New to Springfield XD. 4 days ago I purchased a new Springfield XD9 9mm with dark green lower. Now I am in the waiting period. I went to my LGS in California and this was the only XD they had. I already have a Sig P226 that I bought a long time ago. Both of my guns are for home defense and range shooting. The only thing I want to change right out of the box would be to add some night sights.
Question. I own the XDM-Elite 4.5 OSP. The OSP plates to install red dot never cam with the gun. Does anyone know if thse 3 plates come with it? I have read that it does but wanted to reach out.
Thanks
M
moTTom
You should have received a card with instructions to call Springfield for a single plate but if you mention the ads indicate all three they will send you the three at no charge. I hope this helps and congratulations.
20210128_194424.jpg
can you use the screws that come with the shield s m s c to mount it on the hellcat or do you need the ones from Springfield seem a video and said not to use the ones that come with the shield
L
Lock n' Load
While waiting for my Shield RMSc to be delivered, I bought the screws from Springfield just to be safe. They arrived in a few days. The install was easy with a little drop of blue Loctite on each screw and the optic is on firmly with no looseness after about 800 rounds. Torque to the 15.49 psi Shield recommends and you're good to go. You may have to cut the screws supplied with the Shield optic if you use them.
OkiePewPew
OkiePewPew
I used the screws included with the smsc. Remember not to over-tighten and check for pistol function (unloaded) after install. Make sure the slide moves freely and trigger functions as before. As Locknload said you can get a set from Springfield for $5 too.
Screws should be
M4 x .07 x 7.5mm
L
Lock n' Load
Thanks OkiePewPew! Glad to hear you got the right screws. I read so many posts on the forum about having to cut the Shield supplied screws that I bought the Springfield screws to avoid that. For $5, it was worth it to me for peace of mind.
Brand new to this forum, but not to Springfield Armory. Own a rifle (SOCOM 16) and a pistol 1911 in .45 acp. Love them both. Thank you for accepting me to your forum.
Just bought xd9 and only came with soft pouch. Shouldn’t it come with a hard case?
BET7
BET7
SA seems to have switched to cardboard /w soft pouch VS previous hard case. Not sure if it's all of their firearms, but my last few were this way.
S
sunspear
My XDM Elite came with soft pouch.
D
dennisbrown
I got a hard case if you want one.
Hey I see you’re a mod and you replied to my post about the hatebrake but you just showed a pic of the standard one ... I have one ... I need the one the comes on the saint edge pdw
OkiePewPew
OkiePewPew
Ah, gotcha. The standard Hatebrake is all you’re going to find. Springfield’s is mfg special for the PDW and they don’t sell parts. I have heard that there’s enough material there to shave down the faces for a smaller hand guard but no one has pics to prove it’s actually been done. Not that I’ve seen at least. You might check to see if there’s a Maxim defense fan page on Facebook or check with the FB Saint page.
Back