testtest

Which XD Is Right for You?

When I retired from our department in 2011, I purchased an XD Subcompact.40 for conceal carry. The only modification I've made to it is Pearce mag plate extensions. This was an absolute must. Without them it was too top heavy and had little to grip onto. But with the extensions it's perfect. It's very reliably, shoots straight and the finish is very durable. Overall it's held up very well. My only complaint would be it has a spongey trigger. But it's definitely more concealable than my Glock 23.

With mag plate extensions:
1000017191.jpg

Great article... I told this story before, but fits here... In 2002 our department finally let us buy our own guns and allowed more than the 9mm. This happened to be a day or 2 after I got my income tax check for the year.

I went to the local gun store and saw 3 Springfield Armory XD's all in .40, a tactical one, a service one, and the sub-compact. Bought all 3 right then and there. Biggest feature for me besides the larger caliber was that all 3 the mags were interchangeable. So, I was able to carry the Tactical as my duty, the service in my go bag backup and then the sub-compact in my ankle.

First time with a Springfield and fell in love with them. Over 20 years and not 1 jam or problem with either one. I still keep them locked and loaded scattered around my house in emergency locations.

Moved on to the 9mm XDm Elite for everyday carry now.

Attachments

• 2022-01-18 11.49.51.jpg
    2022-01-18 11.49.51.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 67
since 2008
mine have performed wonderfully
my 9 mm service is my favorite carry and shows the signs of it, some small scratches etc, its been float tested, mud tests, dropped from a blind, bounced off stuff , stepped on by a horse etc.
my 45s and other 9 s have been equally used.

we laugh in our house about the 1911s, they are regulated to the range and SHALT not be dropped in the woods etc :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I really don't think there's anything special about their ARs that I can't do on my own cheaper. And I can't imagine the steal of a deal it would take for me to buy one of their 1911s. If you think about it it's a wonder I'm here. I own one SA and it's not even in my top 5 favorite guns I own. I do like that Echelon.
Your here cause your special!! 😬😬

I didn’t mean it like that…..
Don't feel bad brother. It was for a behavioral disorder program at an out of district school. Since I got kicked out of the three that were in district for fighting. So I wasn't LD ( little dumb :) ) I was a pain in the ass and they had to shove me somewhere. Jokes on them. I dropped out of school altogether when I was 15. :rolleyes:

i would like to add
my 9mm service had a barrel issue, soon after i started using cast lead bullets as a test for reloading
, that was a test of 100 and we never went back to that.
BUT somehow i squibbed a load and it went bang(investigation at home, determined cause later), not BANG and the lead cast bullet unbeknownst to me was stuck in the end of the barrel, i squeezed trigger and pistol went BANG a bit louder and jammed the slide back about 1/2 way
i think my brain blew off the softer sounds because a guy next to me was firing at same time and his revolver was very LOUD, even over ear muffs.

so i couldn't get slide back or forward and decided my range day was done
got home and could not get slide back far enough to disassemble and inspect
i called SA and the very nice lady tech walked me through an alternate procedure to get slide off and barrel out
thats when i found the bulge in barrel about 3/8 inch back from end , obviously it was large enough to stop the action, but did not split the barrel, thank goodness

anyway SA asked me to mail it back in original box and they fixed it for 132 dollars .
new matched barrel, inspection, cleaned test fired samples etc. took about 2 weeks

i was overly impressed with the great service they provided. i think most of the 132 was shipping both ways
i have to dig up the picture, i have the old barrel in my reload stuff as a reminder to check and double check

i would like to add
my 9mm service had a barrel issue, soon after i started using cast lead bullets as a test for reloading
, that was a test of 100 and we never went back to that.
BUT somehow i squibbed a load and it went bang(investigation at home, determined cause later), not BANG and the lead cast bullet unbeknownst to me was stuck in the end of the barrel, i squeezed trigger and pistol went BANG a bit louder and jammed the slide back about 1/2 way
i think my brain blew off the softer sounds because a guy next to me was firing at same time and his revolver was very LOUD, even over ear muffs.

so i couldn't get slide back or forward and decided my range day was done
got home and could not get slide back far enough to disassemble and inspect
i called SA and the very nice lady tech walked me through an alternate procedure to get slide off and barrel out
thats when i found the bulge in barrel about 3/8 inch back from end , obviously it was large enough to stop the action, but did not split the barrel, thank goodness

anyway SA asked me to mail it back in original box and they fixed it for 132 dollars .
new matched barrel, inspection, cleaned test fired samples etc. took about 2 weeks

i was overly impressed with the great service they provided. i think most of the 132 was shipping both ways
i have to dig up the picture, i have the old barrel in my reload stuff as a reminder to check and double check
Food for thought. Stay away from cast lead bullets with any semi- auto pistols, even "hard" cast. Years ago my friend was shooting cast lead through his Glock 23 and he told me it started jamming. I told him to bring it by the house for a look. The feed ramp, barrel chamber and barrel looked like someone took a grey Crayola to it! Took quite a bit of elbow grease and lead remover to get it all out. Once clean, it shot great. I don't even want to put that stuff through my Glock 20 SF for bear loads. I'd rather use a deep penetrator copper fluted bullet like Lehigh Defense. They don't have the mass of a 220 grain lead bullet. But they do match the penetration because of non-deformation and the fluting causes similar tissue trauma due to cavitation. Anyway, you do you. Just my opinion!

Back