testtest

Which XD Is Right for You?

Food for thought. Stay away from cast lead bullets with any semi- auto pistols, even "hard" cast. Years ago my friend was shooting cast lead through his Glock 23 and he told me it started jamming. I told him to bring it by the house for a look. The feed ramp, barrel chamber and barrel looked like someone took a grey Crayola to it! Took quite a bit of elbow grease and lead remover to get it all out. Once clean, it shot great. I don't even want to put that stuff through my Glock 20 SF for bear loads. I'd rather use a deep penetrator copper fluted bullet like Lehigh Defense. They don't have the mass of a 220 grain lead bullet. But they do match the penetration because of non-deformation and the fluting causes similar tissue trauma due to cavitation. Anyway, you do you. Just my opinion!
yup
i wanted to try them , a guy at the range was using them in his hmmm other brand and i figured hey 100 would tell the tale
learned the hard way, should have stopped at 10 when the dillion kept having issues with the sealing wax stuff on the lower bullet.
now its only jacketed bullets from berrys for reloads

Food for thought. Stay away from cast lead bullets with any semi- auto pistols, even "hard" cast. Years ago my friend was shooting cast lead through his Glock 23 and he told me it started jamming. I told him to bring it by the house for a look. The feed ramp, barrel chamber and barrel looked like someone took a grey Crayola to it! Took quite a bit of elbow grease and lead remover to get it all out. Once clean, it shot great. I don't even want to put that stuff through my Glock 20 SF for bear loads. I'd rather use a deep penetrator copper fluted bullet like Lehigh Defense. They don't have the mass of a 220 grain lead bullet. But they do match the penetration because of non-deformation and the fluting causes similar tissue trauma due to cavitation. Anyway, you do you. Just my opinion!
If you actually clean your pistols regularly, you don’t have lead residue.

If you actually clean your pistols regularly, you don’t have lead residue.
Not necessarily true, and not true in this case. This was one shooting session of about 100 rounds of lead. The gun was new and clean. He had asked the range for the cheapest ammo they had. They gave him cast lead. He had just purchased it bcz our department was switching over to Glock 22 from revolvers and he wanted to familiarize himself with his intended off-duty carry. This is a common occurrence with many semi-autos and lead. In fact lead is not permitted in our departmental issued Glock 22's. Unfortunately the issue of lead fouling isn't quite that simple. Several factors can play into it. Of course keeping a clean firearm is one of them.

Last edited:
Not necessarily true, and not true in this case. This was one shooting session of about 100 rounds of lead. The gun was new and clean. He had asked the range for the cheapest ammo they had. They gave him cast lead. He had just purchased it bcz our department was switching over to Glock 22 from revolvers and he wanted to familiarize himself with his intended off-duty carry. This is a common occurrence with many semi-autos and lead. In fact lead is not permitted in our departmental issued Glock 22's. Unfortunately the issue of lead fouling isn't quite that simple. Several factors can play into it. Of course keeping a clean firearm is one of them.
Well, since Glock themselves say not to use unjacketed bullets in their pistols…

Use crappy ammo, get crappy results.

That being said…I know people who compete with Glocks and unjacketed bullets; first, you need to use a harder alloy, and second, clean diligently.

Back