testtest

1977 Colt Diamondback 38 SPL. w/4" barrel

I am on the opinion of folks both law abiding and criminal are not used to revolvers. Its a “serious” pistol.
Those who use them seem to get attention. Both by perps and bystanders.

shooting my .357’s six inch barrel revolvers at the range always gets bystanders. I’ve been in liquor stores( job area of expertise) and had would be robbers come in on several occasions.
Owner of shop pulls his .357 with 8” barrel and perps go right back out the door.

“dirty harry” appeal / mystique ???

all I know is revolvers work and work well in function and mystique

I am on the opinion of folks both law abiding and criminal are not used to revolvers. Its a “serious” pistol.

shooting my .357’s six inch barrel revolvers at the range always gets bystanders. I’ve been in liquor stores( job area of expertise) and had would be robbers come in on several occasions.
Owner of shop pulls his .357 with 8” barrel and perps go right back out the door.

I agree in principal for sure. It's just that all my revolvers are large. Hence why I never paid much attention to this cute little gun.

One thing this gun does do for me. It makes me feel VERY slightly less of an outcast when I peruse the " Let's See Those Revolvers" thread. :)

You bastages making me and my lowly 6 wheel guns feel all inadequate and what not.
I agree in principal for sure. It's just that all my revolvers are large. Hence why I never paid much attention to this cute little gun.
like this: 😆
7335D647-3CD7-47C9-AA4E-698DA7D68C32.jpeg

This brings to mind a question. Would my .357 speedloaders work for this gun ? I should probably check. Although I don't really foresee it spending much time on my hip.
Depends on what the speed loaders are for...the Diamondback was built off of the Detective Special frame, so if you have speed loaders for a Magnum Agent, Cobra, or any other Colt "D" frame, they'd work.

Sort of funny in some ways on revolvers verses semiauto's....Reminds me of stories of someone trying to borrow/swipe vehicles with manual transmissions and finding out afterwards it's a stick? They usually don't get too far or too fast. :)

As a comparison, I bought this Model 67 recently at a local estate auction. It's from the general time frame of the OP's. I paid $685 but, then add in the sales tax, transfer fee and a buyer's premium which drove up the cost another $100 dollars or so. I thought it was a good deal considering I got the factory box, paper work, and tools still in the plastic. In regards to revolvers I find that there are more reasonably priced older Smith and Wesson's than reasonably priced older Colts. The Colt revolvers have a mystic that make them more popular and demand drives up the price.
Model 67.jpg

Beautiful Diamondback.

It would be great if the new Colt/CZ company would bring the Diamondback back. Would like to have a 4" 22lr in SS.

Back