testtest

1st timer just looking for advice

Jaft17

Alpha
Hello

So i am reloading some 9mm rounds.

I got the powder and bullets during the crazy times so probably not the best commination. I am just getting some free time and on the part i add the powder.

Tough to find info for Winchester Autocomp powder with 100 FMJ .

I was just looking for some clarification on my math and that I am right on the load so i dont blow the place up.

Also I have done the research or at least I think I have. Reason for my question to make sure i am on the right track. I have the Lee reloading book and the hornady app

So is my math right?

Winchester Auto Comp VMD .0787.

4.4gr starting load

.35 volume cc

2.75 for Lee perfect measure

Thank you

Hello

So i am reloading some 9mm rounds.

I got the powder and bullets during the crazy times so probably not the best commination. I am just getting some free time and on the part i add the powder.

Tough to find info for Winchester Autocomp powder with 100 FMJ .

I was just looking for some clarification on my math and that I am right on the load so i dont blow the place up.

Also I have done the research or at least I think I have. Reason for my question to make sure i am on the right track. I have the Lee reloading book and the hornady app

So is my math right?

Winchester Auto Comp VMD .0787.

4.4gr starting load

.35 volume cc

2.75 for Lee perfect measure

Thank you
i found this on the Hodgdon website, HOWEVER, that particular powder is NOT listed, unless you left out all information on it....

so i picked W-231...which MAY NOT be the correct powder

i use the Lyman reloading book, and found it is more comprehensive that some of the others.

artridge: 9mm Luger
Your search returned 2 loads
Twist: 1:10.000"

Barrel Length: 4.000"

Trim Length: 0.750"
Bullet: 100 GR. SFI RHFP

Diameter: 0.355"

Case: Winchester

Primer: CCI 500, Small Pistol
black_open.png

Starting LoadMaximum LoadAvailability
ManufacturerPowderC.O.L.Grs.Vel. (ft/s)PressureGrs.Vel. (ft/s)Pressure
Winchester2311.140"3.91,06226,500 PSI4.41,14931,000 PSIOut Of Stock
Bullet: 100 GR. SPR FMJ

black_open.png

Winchester2311.050"5.11,21825,200 CUP5.51,28228,400 CUPOut Of Stock
Expand All

Collapse All

Infor

@TEXASforLIFE will be here, many of us "rang" his doorbell......

I'm out of state and don't have my reloading manuals, but you can use a starting load for the next heaviest bullet you can find. Lighter bullets use more powder than a heavier bullet which is why you use a heavier bullet data if you don't have the exact bullet weight information. We load using volume measures of some sort, but verify a given volume's weight to ensure we hit our target (pun intended) load.

I have done some reloading but I normally open a box and then take the shell out of the box and load it into the firearm. That is the extent of my reloading. Well sometimes I take the shell out of the box and put it in a magazine.

I hope that helps. (y) ;)

For some reason I'm being picked on........pretty well versed with auto-comp as I use it. I know Sierra has 95gr fmj's and Speer, so Hornady might have 100gr fmj's? Maybe Lapua does? I'm just getting bed and I'll check load info and post later.
Yea Hornady is the bullet I am using. Appreciate the help; no rush whenever you get a free minute. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8374.png
    IMG_8374.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
i found this on the Hodgdon website, HOWEVER, that particular powder is NOT listed, unless you left out all information on it....

so i picked W-231...which MAY NOT be the correct powder

i use the Lyman reloading book, and found it is more comprehensive that some of the others.

artridge: 9mm Luger
Your search returned 2 loads
Twist: 1:10.000"

Barrel Length: 4.000"

Trim Length: 0.750"
Bullet: 100 GR. SFI RHFP

black_open.png

Winchester2311.140"3.91,06226,500 PSI4.41,14931,000 PSIOut Of Stock
Bullet: 100 GR. SPR FMJ

black_open.png

Winchester2311.050"5.11,21825,200 CUP5.51,28228,400 CUPOut Of Stock
Expand All

Collapse All

Infor

@TEXASforLIFE will be here, many of us "rang" his doorbell......
Yeah thats what had me second guessing what i came up with the only info i could find was from the hornady app but didn’t have the same info as the lee book does like starting grains snd Volume CC … I definitely will be buying powder they have listed in the future. Thanks for replying and the info

Attachments

• IMG_8375.png
    IMG_8375.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 63
I'm out of state and don't have my reloading manuals, but you can use a starting load for the next heaviest bullet you can find. Lighter bullets use more powder than a heavier bullet which is why you use a heavier bullet data if you don't have the exact bullet weight information. We load using volume measures of some sort, but verify a given volume's weight to ensure we hit our target (pun intended) load.
Ok great Thank you that is helpful. I was thinking of going that way but everything and everyone says be precise and exact. Like anything experience and doing something takes away the anxiety and the second guessing.

Back