testtest

1st timer just looking for advice

Yeah thats what had me second guessing what i came up with the only info i could find was from the hornady app but didn’t have the same info as the lee book does like starting grains snd Volume CC … I definitely will be buying powder they have listed in the future. Thanks for replying and the info
i went down to the basement, and got you info from 3 of my books...

also, i checked, Winchester Auto Comp is comparable to W231, and what you have is a "race" powder....(at least from what i found out)

the Lyman book...

9mm 100 gr FMJ......but, no such listing.....

so for 95 grain FMJ.....start charge....3.7 gr. max....5.1

124 gr. FMJ....start charge...3.8 gr...max.....4.5

------------------------------------------------------

Hornady book

100 gr, FMJ...start charge....4.5 gr........max.....5.0

---------------------------------------------------------

Speer book

115 gr, FMJ......start charge....4.4 gr.........max.....4.9

(no 100 gr, FMJ specs listed)

------------------------------------------------------------

i cannot tell you what to use, but i was told by the mom/pop store owner who reloads commercially, that for me, i could "split the difference between the low and high, and be in the middle"

since you are using Hornady FMJ.......you can see what the Hornady book recommends.

again too...the website for the powder company, in this case Hodgen also has updated specs.

faster to find updated reloading info form the powder companies.

i went down to the basement, and got you info from 3 of my books...

also, i checked, Winchester Auto Comp is comparable to W231, and what you have is a "race" powder....(at least from what i found out)

the Lyman book...

9mm 100 gr FMJ......but, no such listing.....

so for 95 grain FMJ.....start charge....3.7 gr. max....5.1

124 gr. FMJ....start charge...3.8 gr...max.....4.5

------------------------------------------------------

Hornady book

100 gr, FMJ...start charge....4.5 gr........max.....5.0

---------------------------------------------------------

Speer book

115 gr, FMJ......start charge....4.4 gr.........max.....4.9

(no 100 gr, FMJ specs listed)

------------------------------------------------------------

i cannot tell you what to use, but i was told by the mom/pop store owner who reloads commercially, that for me, i could "split the difference between the low and high, and be in the middle"

since you are using Hornady FMJ.......you can see what the Hornady book recommends.

again too...the website for the powder company, in this case Hodgen also has updated specs.

faster to find updated reloading info form the powder companies.
Thank you very much. I was thinking just going the low side and see how it shoots and then adjust from there and never going over 5.0 !! Thank you very much for the information. I think I just need to hear from someone with experience. That way its just not me and the internet. This has been extremely helpful and to everyone who responded in one way or another. Have a great day.
Ill share some videos and if I don’t then you will know it all went terribly wrong lmao.

Thank you very much. I was thinking just going the low side and see how it shoots and then adjust from there and never going over 5.0 !! Thank you very much for the information. I think I just need to hear from someone with experience. That way its just not me and the internet. This has been extremely helpful and to everyone who responded in one way or another. Have a great day.
Ill share some videos and if I don’t then you will know it all went terribly wrong lmao.
start off on the low side for many rounds, build up your knowledge and awareness of paying attention to not double charging, or missing a charge to end up with a squib load.

it was at the very least 2 years for me to be on the low side. just recently as earlier this month, i went up to almost a full charge, but still am staying under by about a couple of grains.

i was in no hurry to get to near max charge....i saw no need to.

some very good people here to help you with advice, suggestions, etc...they will not steer you wrong, i know, i got and still get very good advice from them myself.

start off on the low side for many rounds, build up your knowledge and awareness of paying attention to not double charging, or missing a charge to end up with a squib load.

it was at the very least 2 years for me to be on the low side. just recently as earlier this month, i went up to almost a full charge, but still am staying under by about a couple of grains.

i was in no hurry to get to near max charge....i saw no need to.

some very good people here to help you with advice, suggestions, etc...they will not steer you wrong, i know, i got and still get very good advice from them myself.
Thank you; i plan to just use the reloads for target. Probably will never get to a full charge. I appreciate the help will definitely recommend the site to others. Looking forward to reading other posts.

different brands of the same weight WILL react differently and have different coal's (in most cases)! autocomp isn't listed in very many manufacturer's load data as it's tricky to start from scratch and I've been reloading for 40 years. hs-6 and be-86 are cleaner powders if you find any? above post are safe loads^^^^^^^^^.

I'm late to the thread, the only Loading manuals I found Win AutoComp data for 9mm in were the latest Hornady and Nosler reloading manuals. Nosler doesn't offer a 100 gr but might be useful if you try a different bullet weigh.

Your calculations look ok, (0.35 is really 0.34628 :) be careful rounding UP on small charges) for the lee powder measure BUT I hope you have a powder scale to verify the charge,

Safety tip: Consult the Speer reloading manual. If you don't have one, get one. Measure powder precisely and double check. Never trust internet forum reloading data.
This. And make sure the load is for your Specific powder. Start with minimum load for your Specific bullet and weight. Use a Quality scale. A typical pistol load leave a lot of extra room in the case and overcharging a cartridge is easy to do (and can be disastrous!). Weigh several charges to be sure your measure is throwing consistent powder weights. Avoid Maximum loads-they are almost never as accurate as a lighter load. Also verify OAL of your loaded rounds to insure it matches what the manual says-seating too deep increases pressure. I’ve loaded for years and enjoy it but you can get in trouble if you fail to stay focused on what you’re doing. I mostly load rounds other than 9mm these days because you can buy 9 almost as cheap as you can load it (not the case for .357/.44/.45).

Back