testtest

First Look: Springfield Armory Optics-Ready 1911 AOS Pistols

I like it! Might add this one to the growing shopping list.
1724758644598.png

Well, optics are nice for some, but me personally can’t see having one on a self defense or CCW gun and having to depend on a battery, my Hellcat and XDm Elite Compact came with red dots, there still in the box…just not my thing, but those who like and want them, these are great options

Have you spent much time shooting/ training with the dots Anni ?
I tried it for a bit with my Hellcat, I rather just use the iron sights, don’t want to depend on batteries for a possible life or death situation, just old school, I thought about the Ruger Ready Dot, but since I traded the Max-9 off, I just carry either my P365 now or my G42, depends on how I feel that day, basically if I want to tolerate my holster or just pocket carry.

I tried it for a bit with my Hellcat, I rather just use the iron sights, don’t want to depend on batteries for a possible life or death situation, just old school, I thought about the Ruger Ready Dot, but since I traded the Max-9 off, I just carry either my P365 now or my G42, depends on how I feel that day, basically if I want to tolerate my holster or just pocket carry.
I get it. I used to feel the same way.

Well, optics are nice for some, but me personally can’t see having one on a self defense or CCW gun and having to depend on a battery, my Hellcat and XDm Elite Compact came with red dots, there still in the box…just not my thing, but those who like and want them, these are great options
Took me a good while to go to dots. Deteriorating vision was the main reason for making the move. If you have co-witnessing iron sights a dot failure is pretty easy to switch too. Not going to lie it took numerous hours of dry firing from the draw to acquire the dot rapidly. After 500-600 rounds of live fire I feel comfortable carrying a dot on my concealed carry pistols. Also fired a lot just using the co-witnessing irons with dots turned off,

Took me a good while to go to dots. Deteriorating vision was the main reason for making the move. If you have co-witnessing iron sights a dot failure is pretty easy to switch too. Not going to lie it took numerous hours of dry firing from the draw to acquire the dot rapidly. After 500-600 rounds of live fire I feel comfortable carrying a dot on my concealed carry pistols. Also fired a lot just using the co-witnessing irons with dots turned off,
I also have aging eyes, the dot makes things much easier. My Sig P320 rxp compact has the Romeo1, Prodigy 5" has SRO. After 4 years with the Sig, acquiring the dot comes naturally. Both co witness the irons well. Pics attached give an idea of the view through both. Forgive camera angle and the "carry funk" on the Romeo 1. LOL

Attachments

• 20230217_201245.jpg
    20230217_201245.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240718_132714.jpg
    20240718_132714.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 24
I also have aging eyes, the dot makes things much easier. My Sig P320 rxp compact has the Romeo1, Prodigy 5" has SRO. After 4 years with the Sig, acquiring the dot comes naturally. Both co witness the irons well. Pics attached give an idea of the view through both. Forgive camera angle and the "carry funk" on the Romeo 1. LOL
Your photos may help someone consider trying dots. That's a good thing.

Back