testtest

A "Car Gun" for Riot Defense?

Yeah, never drive through a riot if you can help it. It can't always be helped I suppose but situational awareness helps. If I see a large group, a mob if you will, up ahead, I am going the other way.

Of course the best way to avoid this is to stay out of democrat controlled urban areas. Ever notice these things never happen out in "god's country". ;)

Yeah, never drive through a riot if you can help it. It can't always be helped I suppose but situational awareness helps. If I see a large group, a mob if you will, up ahead, I am going the other way.

Of course the best way to avoid this is to stay out of democrat controlled urban areas. Ever notice these things never happen out in "god's country". ;)
Agree, avoid protesters. (rioters) If you can't push very hard on the accelerator.

A riot isn’t going to pop up in front of, well…anybody. Anyone caught up in one intended to be there (despite what they’ll later claim in court).

But, for the sake of argument…if you are?

Abandon your vehicle.

Chant along with the crowd; blend in.

Exit as soon as feasible.

Start shooting? If you survive, you’re hosed.

I have a "Travel Kit" set-up in case I have to drive (if I have to) out of my AOPs east of the 100th Meridian, or the PAC coast where I could encounter problem areas.

Otherwise, the risk of encountering a "riot" is very very low, since those things aren't tolerated in my overall Region.

Last edited:
Some of the described situations reminded me of "Blackhawk Down," which we recently watched. You can have some of the best available weaponry, but if hugely outnumbered, even the thugs with rocks can get you.
I no longer live in a large city and my town is mostly red. It is rare that I'm out at night when I'm more at risk of a drunk running into me than a mob enveloping me. I'd rather not be a victim that way either.
There is a lot of tension building towards the election. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

I live in a smaller rural area, riots are not high on the radar here. But, I travel enough to Detroit for my wife's medical apointments that things like crowd interaction must considered.

When I am in such a situation I think I am aware enough to avoid most crowds/riots and do so every opportunity. There are very few things or reasons these I will ever purposefully interact with any crowd. Sadly even a Page and Plant concert these days would likely not temp me, maybe, well...

Hans advice about blending in and sneeking off sounds pretty sound to me. He'll no we won't go, he'll no we won't go...

A riot isn’t going to pop up in front of, well…anybody. Anyone caught up in one intended to be there (despite what they’ll later claim in court).
There were a couple instances during all the George Floyd craziness where "protesters" blocked off the interstate out of nowhere. Say what you will about people running them over, nobody did and they got away with it. They used the same tactic on a couple of streets downtown.

So yes, a riot can in fact pop up right in front of you.

There were a couple instances during all the George Floyd craziness where "protesters" blocked off the interstate out of nowhere. Say what you will about people running them over, nobody did and they got away with it. They used the same tactic on a couple of streets downtown.

So yes, a riot can in fact pop up right in front of you.
Keep driving, when asked by police state that you feared for your life then shut the hell up and don't speak to anyone else except your attorney.

But, for the sake of argument…if you are?

Abandon your vehicle.

Chant along with the crowd; blend in.

Exit as soon as feasible.

Start shooting? If you survive, you’re hosed.
well, sometimes they do... around 2020 my wife and I were taking a meandering roadtrip from Denver to Atlanta. We were passing through St Louis on the highway somewhere around 10pm, because I like to drive at night, and we came to a road construction zone that detoured us off the highway and dumped us right downtown. At the first intersection a church was on fire and maniacs were running all over the place. I was able to run the light and make a wrong way turn and cut over a couple blocks to get away, and eventually get myself aimed back towards the highway a couple miles down.
It could have gone way differently, had I not had a gap to drive through and been able to get away I probably would not be typing this right now. Sure I was armed but that would only help me for a few minutes in this type of thing probably.

well, sometimes they do... around 2020 my wife and I were taking a meandering roadtrip from Denver to Atlanta. We were passing through St Louis on the highway somewhere around 10pm, because I like to drive at night, and we came to a road construction zone that detoured us off the highway and dumped us right downtown. At the first intersection a church was on fire and maniacs were running all over the place. I was able to run the light and make a wrong way turn and cut over a couple blocks to get away, and eventually get myself aimed back towards the highway a couple miles down.
It could have gone way differently, had I not had a gap to drive through and been able to get away I probably would not be typing this right now. Sure I was armed but that would only help me for a few minutes in this type of thing probably.
That could be any regular night.

Last night for example.

My daughter and some friends were at Kiener Plaza for the Urge concert. Right about dark she said throngs of young black males pushed into the downtown area from all sides. They beat it out of there before the real shite started. Of course Mayor Tish was there with a shirt that read "In charge". Meanwhile a post on FB has 9 STL police officers proudly posing after busting an illegal fireworks stand on the north side. Keep in mind at any given time there are about 21 officers on duty in the entire city since they are down 275 officers at the moment thanks to new progressive police policies. So nearly half of them were real happy with themselves that they broke up an illegal fireworks ring ( literally 3 miles away across the river or anywhere in the county or any neighboring county fireworks are totally legal) while hordes of thugs were taking over downtown and using the fireworks to cover their gunfire. And of course mayor Tish blames the state for not having tougher gun laws.

That could be any regular night.

Last night for example.

My daughter and some friends were at Kiener Plaza for the Urge concert. Right about dark she said throngs of young black males pushed into the downtown area from all sides. They beat it out of there before the real shite started. Of course Mayor Tish was there with a shirt that read "In charge". Meanwhile a post on FB has 9 STL police officers proudly posing after busting an illegal fireworks stand on the north side. Keep in mind at any given time there are about 21 officers on duty in the entire city since they are down 275 officers at the moment thanks to new progressive police policies. So nearly half of them were real happy with themselves that they broke up an illegal fireworks ring ( literally 3 miles away across the river or anywhere in the county or any neighboring county fireworks are totally legal) while hordes of thugs were taking over downtown and using the fireworks to cover their gunfire. And of course mayor Tish blames the state for not having tougher gun laws.

It's a sad state of affairs when more folks are shot in a night in a US city than in Baghdad...

Last edited:
Back