testtest

ACOG for a CQB Urban Combat Platform?

IMG_20220619_112312254_HDR.jpg

As I am very familiar with setting up most rifle's well. For different hunting applications and species. When it comes to self defense rifles and other battle weapons go? 🤔 Not so much! 😂
I'm looking for opinions and advise on choosing a good sight system for a CQB type weapon. Im considering ditching the 3MOA RD on my M1A SOCOM for a very low powered ACOG. Being as I also have a M1A Scout Squad. Fitted with a fixed 2.5 forward mounted scout style optic on it. I really see no reason to go any higher than a 1.5 power on my SOCOM CQB. If any magnification at all. Being as I want it set up for close quarters and other urban combat senerio's. Further more, I'm very capable of hitting a 15" gong (not in the picture) consistently at 350 yards with my Scout and her fixed 2.5 power optic. Should I even bother with a 1.5 power ACOG? Or stick with the Vortex Venom RD. It also has a ghost ring rear and military style front open sight for back up, should the RD fail in battle, and need to be removed. Im really on the fence here about a good choice on sights for Springfield's M1A CQB model? 🤔

These are the different ACOG's Im looking at, and considering for the SOCOM 16 CQB

Screenshot_20220619-104438~2.png

Or...

Screenshot_20220619-104604~2.png

Options and/or advice is more than welcome here!👍 Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!

Last edited:
View attachment 28285
As I am very familiar with setting up most rifle's well. For different hunting applications and species. When it comes to self defense rifles and other battle weapons go? 🤔 Not so much! 😂
I'm looking for opinions and advise on choosing a good sight system for a CQB type weapon. Im considering ditching the 3MOA RD on my M1A SOCOM for a very low powered ACOG. Being as I also have a M1A Scout Squad. Fitted with a fixed 2.5 forward mounted scout style optic on it. I really see no reason to go any higher than a 1.5 power on my SOCOM CQB. If any magnification at all. Being as I want it set up for close quarters and other urban combat senerio's. Further more, I'm very capable of hitting a 15" gong (not in the picture) consistently at 350 yards with my Scout and her fixed 2.5 power optic. Should I even bother with a 1.5 power ACOG? Or stick with the Vortex Venom RD. It also has a ghost ring rear and military style front open sight for back up, should the RD fail in battle, and need to be removed. Im really on the fence here about a good choice on sights for Springfield's M1A CQB model? 🤔

These are the different ACOG's Im looking at, and considering for the SOCOM 16 CQB

View attachment 28284

Or...

View attachment 28281
Options and/or advice is more than welcome here!👍 Shoot fun, shoot safe, and shoot straight!
I run an Aimpoint PRO on 3 rifles and a low powered variable optic (scope) on a couple more.
I’ve been buying Vortex Strike Eagle 1x6.

Good close in with 1x and can zoom to 6x for distance.

I like the Aimpoint for close in
The 1x6 is nice when I know I’m shooting out past 75 yards
BAB46E16-17B1-4668-A924-015D412C6A52.jpeg

Just for cqb or both short and longer range? Under 100 I would go fixed with no more than 2x or a rd of no more than 6moa. As long as you're able to shoot with both eyes open a lpvo is good. I'm on the aimpoint band wagon as well. I like the larger optic 25-32ish objective non magnified works for my eyes. For an all-weather rd go with the ones that are covered so rain/snow doesn't affect the dot. I do like my eotech holo's. Get them with the magnifier and best of both worlds are complete.

Just for cqb or both short and longer range? Under 100 I would go fixed with no more than 2x or a rd of no more than 6moa. As long as you're able to shoot with both eyes open a lpvo is good. I'm on the aimpoint band wagon as well. I like the larger optic 25-32ish objective non magnified works for my eyes. For an all-weather rd go with the ones that are covered so rain/snow doesn't affect the dot. I do like my eotech holo's. Get them with the magnifier and best of both worlds are complete.
What's up with the sad face?

That's not from me
On post #7. No big deal, just curious.

Thankyou for all the Info and opinions guys. 👍 Much appreciated! Well, it looks like I have some researching to do. I have a 3MOA RD on it now. Has anyone here used a 1.5x24 ACOG by any chance? I have a 1-6 Sig Sauer Tango on my PA-10. I purchased the M1A SOCOM CQB for CQB.😉 Im curious as to the performance of the 1.5 ACOG? From 5yds to 100yds, field of view, eye relief if mounted forward, so on and so on? I have no problem shooting through low magnification with both eyes open. 👍

Last edited:
Thankyou for all the Info and opinions guys. 👍 Much appreciated! Well, it looks like I have some researching to do. I have a 3MOA RD on it now. Has anyone here used a 1.5x24 ACOG by any chance? I have a 1-6 Sig Sauer Tango on my PA-10. I purchased the M1A SOCOM CQB for CQB.😉 Im curious as to the performance of the 1.5 ACOG? From 5yds to 100yds, field of view, eye relief if mounted forward, so on and so on? I have no problem shooting through low magnification with both eyes open. 👍
Seems like a good choice/option. Good fov for the optic.

Back