testtest

Added a Springfield Rifle to the line up

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
I added a US Rifle Cal .30 M1 to the arsenal.

Manufactured by Springfield in Oct 1944 & Remanufactured by Anniston Army Depot according to the serial number and stampings

Cant wait to get it out to the range with my FAL and M1A

B460877B-F720-4A4E-88B2-BB454EFA9F82.jpeg
1FE0508B-C17C-490F-93E0-BA0263B855D3.jpeg
88E6AE38-0AE9-4405-90E0-E84D781CE3D1.jpeg
31CDAEF5-45DA-4A88-8837-5CA084D4CFEF.jpeg
FFF06A93-8028-4D03-95A8-1BDA35C1AAF3.jpeg

Did the research based on the serial numbers and stampings on the rifle.
As the seller claimed to me , his information was accurate.

Manufactured in Oct 1944 by Springfield.
Bolt and receiver match in serial / lot / batch numbers for the month manufactured.

Remanufactured by the Army at Anniston Army Depot, GA for depot level maintenance as prescribed by the Army. This was done sometime in late 1949 or early ‘50s with a Springfield barrel marked May ‘49 and stamped buttstock markings from Anniston depot.

Excellent condition and supplied with 100 rounds of old Match Grade ammo with 15 clips for the rifle.

Bayonet turns out to be an authentic 1917 SA 1903 rifle bayonet that does not quite fit the Garands, but a great blade nonetheless.
I do have a proper shorter M1 Garand bayonet already beforehand.

Cant wait this week end to take it to the range .

I love M1 Garands. I still have 5 or 6. Two of them I built, starting with nothing but the receiver. Back in the day I ordered Springfield and LMR M1 barrels from Mr. Reese that were never issued. All of these barrels from dated from the 50s. You should plan to get the barrel gaged for throat erosion and muzzle wear. That will give you an idea on how much service it saw after it left Anniston. Sometimes a rifle has more muzzle wear than throat erosion. It wasn't shot that much, but was cleaned often with steel cleaning rods, thus the wear. The stock looks nice. You can take the action out and wash the stock down with water and dish detergent. It should brigthen it up some, and then you can apply some linseed oil or tung oil. Sometimes it takes several coats. Stay away from any sand paper and use only 0000 steel wool if you must. Remember it was built to be a warhorse and aquired all of those bumps and bruises in the service to our county.

I love M1 Garands. I still have 5 or 6. Two of them I built, starting with nothing but the receiver. Back in the day I ordered Springfield and LMR M1 barrels from Mr. Reese that were never issued. All of these barrels from dated from the 50s. You should plan to get the barrel gaged for throat erosion and muzzle wear. That will give you an idea on how much service it saw after it left Anniston. Sometimes a rifle has more muzzle wear than throat erosion. It wasn't shot that much, but was cleaned often with steel cleaning rods, thus the wear. The stock looks nice. You can take the action out and wash the stock down with water and dish detergent. It should brigthen it up some, and then you can apply some linseed oil or tung oil. Sometimes it takes several coats. Stay away from any sand paper and use only 0000 steel wool if you must. Remember it was built to be a warhorse and aquired all of those bumps and bruises in the service to our county.
I dont plan on touching the stock / finish.
I’m fine with how it looks.
Not going to make it a trophy, but a shooter along with my vintage FAL’s

I dont plan on touching the stock / finish.
I’m fine with how it looks.
Not going to make it a trophy, but a shooter along with my vintage FAL’s
Well just remember to feed it FMJ ammo only. And for others that may not know, if you go with jacketed ammo you'll have to change out the gas plug. Just like the M1A.

Back