testtest

Air Assault Rifle: Germany’s Fabled FG42

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Air Assault Rifle: Germany’s Fabled FG42" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/air-assault-rifle-germanys-fabled-fg42/.

Thanks for the interesting read Mike,
Had never heard of rifle mentioned before.
By the way, like the magazine vest on the cover!
Was almost thinking article was about an air powered military rifle had heard about at first, but think that came later on?

I worked in Russia during the 90's for several different American companies. I can assure you the Soviets did have plenty of FG42's to provide to the Viet Namese, just like they provided Thompson SMG's to the North Koreans. As the Soviet armies rolled across Germany during WWII, they pretty much boxed up and shipped back to Russia anything they came across that might be valuable or useful. They shipped the eqipment to a storage area in the Ukraine. It's an old salt mine that provides perfect storage conditions. I was there with INTRAC Arms in the mid-90's and personally saw new WWII German equipment as well as American arms shipped under Lend-Lease. I broke my heart to see cases of 1911A1's still in the original crates in cosmolene that we couldn't bring back to the states because of Bill Clinton. I believe that Waffen Frankonia in Germany got 5,000 of those. There is a short video on YouTube that shows some of the equipment. It was produced by the Russian Army when they overran the storage area.

Back