testtest

Almost anyone can buy a new vehicle... keeping an older vehicle on the road is another matter.

They really have turned into rolling computers, which can be both cool and a bit overwhelming. I love the idea of keeping things simple too! Your story about the 2007 Tundra is wild. It sounds like you've put in a lot of work and care into it, and it’s great that you found a low-mileage replacement engine. I had a similar experience with my old car. I bought a 2006 sedan with a ton of miles and had to deal with maintenance issues. On another note, if you ever need to transport car from florida to new york, I’ve been looking into shipping options—those calculators can help get an idea of costs. It’s crazy how previous owners can neglect their vehicles, right?

I wish I still had my 1991 Blazer. I lived in the sticks in southern Manitoba then, and I did (almost) all the work on her myself. I changed the oil, the rotors, the shocks, brake shoes, and anything I couldn’t figure out on my own, my landlord help me with. I put almost 400,000km on her before I sold her to my landlord when I moved. My little black 4x4 got me through more blizzards… I do miss that thang. 🥰

Me personally I would purchase a new one.
Purchasing a new one was not an option because Toyota stopped production of the 4x2 model in 2010 and ceased producing all regular cab Tundra trucks in 2017.

There is a certain sense of satisfaction and pride associated with buying a quality vehicle and keeping it going long term... I don't know if that is even possible with any new vehicles these days - they all seem to have early obsolescence built-in making them disposable.

In this modern automotive world, that new car smell wears off quicker than ever :poop:

Both of my vehicles I got free when people died. I also have a spare truck I got free. These things don’t last forever though. When the time comes to actually buy a “ new” car I’ll spend my money on a restored old vehicle before I pay 30 grand for some shitty modern, Japanese sedan. Like maybe a ‘69 Suburban.

Back