testtest

Ammo Advice

So, I’m gonna let you in on a secret…

That’s kinda like asking if you should run Shell, or BP, or Kwik Trip fuel in your vehicle.

The fact is, it probably doesn’t matter.

YOUR rifle may not like certain brands/varieties of ammunition…but other’s rifles, even the exact same model, might run it just fine.

So, buy ammo. Different brands, weights, bullet types; find out works for you, in your rifle…

And don’t worry about what anyone else uses in theirs.

I’ve never had an issue with it and it’s pretty much all I ever shot out of my 45s up until about 4 years ago or so.
I had nothing but trouble with several different lots from several different stores couple years ago.
Across several guns and several diff mag companies. Had about a dozen rounds out of 150 that had the bullets seated super far in as well.

Here is a pic I took of one of those rounds at the time
59650960775__5E96306C-BF5F-4E7D-A53A-043D1BA80C1F.jpeg

I had nothing but trouble with several different lots from several different stores couple years ago.
Across several guns and several diff mag companies. Had about a dozen rounds out of 150 that had the bullets seated super far in as well.

Here is a pic I took of one of those rounds at the time
View attachment 63979
Yeah, about 4 years ago people started complaining. That's when I stopped buying it.

I'm still sitting on a lot of .45 though. I was buying and stashing a 100 pack a week for a couple years. So far I haven't had any issues. I shoot far less .45 these days. For that I blame @HansGruber and of course your sidekick @SimonRL

Back