testtest

Ammo should be easier to buy around black friday...

Most experts warn against the effectiveness of "bird shot," while some might say that no one wants to get shot by that load either.

Some guys like #4. They're worried about over-penetration. I have no such worry and typically load everything with 00B or 000B. I'm liking the idea of using slugs in opposing barrels in some of these shotguns, but at a minimum slugs make zero'ing a red dot a lot faster.

Some guys like #4. They're worried about over-penetration. I have no such worry and typically load everything with 00B or 000B. I'm liking the idea of using slugs in opposing barrels in some of these shotguns, but at a minimum slugs make zero'ing a red dot a lot faster.
I heart ya, Bob. #4s in 3" Magnum was my go to shell on the farm. It would take out anything unfortunate to come within range, including rabbits, squirrels, coyotes, and stray currs. For home defense, I would prefer 00B.

There’s a local store here that has been getting 9 mm (HP and FMJ),. 40 (HP and FMJ), .45 (FMJ), 12 gauge and 5.56 (FMJ) in sporadically about a month ago but there’s limits and it’s always hit or miss as to what they will have on a given day. They stopped taking online and phone orders so it’s 100% first come first serve. They also stopped advertising the ammo on social media.

There’s been a little mountain of 5.56 FMJ for the past few weeks. It was there every day, then as soon as one of my buddies (who needed it) made it to the store, it had all finally sold out. They will probably get more in but it’s a lesson to buy it when you see it if you need it.

Our Cabelas sucks. Haven’t had ammo since July.

I prefer #4 buck, and don't know anyone willing to test taking a shot of #6 birdshot at 20 ft.

I know someone who was hit with a load of #6 at about 20’ (the length of a pickup was the actual distance). Hunting accident.

After going through his hunting vest & a Carhartt jacket, it didn’t do much. Think he said only about 5 or 6 pellets actually penetrated his rib cage, nothing hit vitals.

He didn't say it was enjoyable, though, but he did say he nearly beat the crap out of the guy who was careless...

I know someone who was hit with a load of #6 at about 20’ (the length of a pickup was the actual distance). Hunting accident.

After going through his hunting vest & a Carhartt jacket, it didn’t do much. Think he said only about 5 or 6 pellets actually penetrated his rib cage, nothing hit vitals.

He didn't say it was enjoyable, though, but he did say he nearly beat the crap out of the guy who was careless...
😳

Back