testtest

ANTELOPE Butchering: Tutorial With Chef Albert

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
NOE: Get the hide off and meat cooled down quickly with Pronghorns.

Since it's antelope season we thought we would share how Chef Albert shows one of our Field to Table clients how to break down his antelope while in camp.

I don't know their answer, but I've formed my own.

There's potential I guess for antelope to taste better, but in my stomping grounds - CO an WY it hasn't been my experience.

For others info, if you don't get them skinned asap after killing one & getting the meat cooled down asap, they are bad.

Last edited:
Interesting. The pronghorn population around here is growing.

Eight years ago I got permission to hunt on a Wyoming rancher's 75,000 acres (in unit 26 which is 99% private land). I still do to this day. There were, and still are tons of antelope - every year there are more, unless a hard winter sets them back. But their diet is almost 100% sage - the diet effects the flavor.

I don't care if you skin them before they are dead.

I realize these posts are intended to promote activity here, but this "headline" is parallel to "Are Carp better eating than Rainbows?"

I don't care if you skin them before they are dead.

I realize these posts are intended to promote activity here, but this "headline" is parallel to "Are Carp better eating than Rainbows?"
How do you skin them before they are dead? :unsure:

Also, since you are new you should realize that thread deviations (aka going of track) is the norm on TAL.

Last edited:
Back