testtest

Anyone do hardcore physical fitness training?

Hi,

I think I do OK for an old man. I have this inclined bench that I use to lift part of my own body weight. I'm up to the highest angle. It also has four bungie cords you can connect at the bottom of the bench for more resistance. I'm using only one bungie right now, sometimes two if I want to do a "half workout", i.e. half the reps.

1723520141606.png

Yes, the unfinished part of my basement is my exercise room, my dry fire laser range, instrument storage, and laundry room. I usually do 25 reps for all my exercises, at least four sessions a week, sometimes five. It takes about an hour so I watch westerns on the little TV monitor. I'm fighting this age thing tooth and nail. I probably won't win but I'll be going out kicking and screaming. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

I think I do OK for an old man. I have this inclined bench that I use to lift part of my own body weight. I'm up to the highest angle. It also has four bungie cords you can connect at the bottom of the bench for more resistance. I'm using only one bungie right now, sometimes two if I want to do a "half workout", i.e. half the reps.

View attachment 64235

Yes, the unfinished part of my basement is my exercise room, my dry fire laser range, instrument storage, and laundry room. I usually do 25 reps for all my exercises, at least four sessions a week, sometimes five. It takes about an hour so I watch westerns on the little TV monitor. I'm fighting this age thing tooth and nail. I probably won't win but I'll be going out kicking and screaming. :ROFLMAO:

BassCliff
You guys doing all this exercise stuff just going make you go out tired. :ROFLMAO:

I used to, remembering youths salad days. I was quite the physical specimen, emphasis on was! At sixty-five, and dealing daily with very often severe chronic pain, walking and the Total Gym is my extent. While some knock the Total Gym, I feel it's an excellent system for the aged.

Tang Soo Do for many many years now I train at home since Covid shut down everything. Used to train with my weapons at least twice a week but since my unfortunate car crash which they said I'm lucky to have lived through now I have to heal up first and get cleared to return to full duty before I can do anything more.

Hi,

I used to, remembering youths salad days. I was quite the physical specimen, emphasis on was! At sixty-five, and dealing daily with very often severe chronic pain, walking and the Total Gym is my extent. While some knock the Total Gym, I feel it's an excellent system for the aged.

At 67, I concur. I wore out my Total Gym. It was my goal to look like either Chuck Norris or Christie Brinkley. :LOL: They used to sell them on TV, ya know. The unit I have now is very similar but I picked it up in a second hand store for $125. I've only had to replace the cable a couple of times. ;)

BassCliff

Hi,

At 67, I concur. I wore out my Total Gym. It was my goal to look like either Chuck Norris or Christie Brinkley. :LOL: They used to sell them on TV, ya know. The unit I have now is very similar but I picked it up in a second hand store for $125. I've only had to replace the cable a couple of times. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence

BassCliff
joking here but ah, which one did you end up looking like?

I love the Total Gym system, it's not for power lifters of course but it is really good.

Back