testtest

Atlanta off duty officer Breaks into house

Name the profession you will find someone bad in it. Sometimes, the only reason for taking a job is to use it to exploit someone else. Dennis Radar, the infamous BTK had jobs as hone alarm technician and layer as Dog Catcher, both he used to take him closer to unsuspecting potential victims.

Police officer are no exception, I cannot even start to give examples we have seen on the news coming out of Detroit over the years.

Although I’ve never met a “Bad” police officer I’ve met and known many that are severely arrogant and very full of themselves. My sister was married to one.
There is another thread that is discussing culture so as we move forward it’s important to note that the “culture” in law enforcement is changing and with change comes the good and the bad.

well, if and i say if, he was under the influence of drugs, as mentioned in the article, at the very least, that's one bad cop, that could have killed other people while on duty, in his drugged out mind.

i say good riddance, a thug got what he deserved, committing a crime.

Although I’ve never met a “Bad” police officer I’ve met and known many that are severely arrogant and very full of themselves. My sister was married to one.
There is another thread that is discussing culture so as we move forward it’s important to note that the “culture” in law enforcement is changing and with change comes the good and the bad.
JMHO, mostly bad. More and more leo's (ENFORCERS OF THE LAW) and less and less police (PROTECT AND SERVE). Add to that the lowering of hiring standards in the name of "diversity", and a growing us vs. them attitude. On the other hand, with the growing defund/anti police, disregard for the rule of law, movement in society, lack of discipline and consequences, one can sympathize with the police sometimes.

JMHO, mostly bad. More and more leo's (ENFORCERS OF THE LAW) and less and less police (PROTECT AND SERVE). Add to that the lowering of hiring standards in the name of "diversity", and a growing us vs. them attitude. On the other hand, with the growing defund/anti police, disregard for the rule of law, movement in society, lack of discipline and consequences, one can sympathize with the police sometimes.
was a time that i remember that all that was needed was a H.S. diploma, and an age of 21 to be a cop...in my area...

then it was demanded a college degree (i believe at least a 2 year degree) in law.....

then the scamdemic hit, and the rioting....cops were quitting in droves, due to the lack of support from the politicians and as a result, the "defund the police movements, and BLM" took it's toll on the police as well.

of late, all that is required is that H.S. diploma again.......the college degree was dropped, to get more to join the force.

at least 2 nitwits are in huge trouble now for one reason or another, thanks to those lowering the requirements.

we need to get those standards back up again, and of course we need the dumbass politicians to SHUT THE HELL UP, regarding defunding the police, and having social workers show up as well.....

let's get back to good old fashion..."law and order", lowering the dollar value of theft, (i think it was raised to $1,000 before they prosecute??), and lets get rid of the Progressive Dumbocrats that think thier ideas are what's good for the city, state, and country.

that i do believe is what the real crux of the situations are......Progressive Dumbocrats....

I agree with you but I don't think they need a college degree. They need to be street wise not book wise. Going to college doesn't make you any smarter.
1728228183219.gif

I agree with you but I don't think they need a college degree. They need to be street wise not book wise. Going to college doesn't make you any smarter.
that was the "new" requirement many years ago...they wanted cops that could act/react with reason as well as a calm demeanor, and have a better understanding of the basic laws....so as to not make a false arrest too, as i can recall.....

as i said, the police dept dropped that college degree requirement due to the riots, and defund the police and mass retirements, and no support from the politicians during that time.. they needed cops like yesterday.....

as a result, some bad apples have been already fired for one reason or another.

to me, a deeper background check, mental capacity checks, (some doozies applied), and other major checking on new recruits need to go back to the way they used to do it.

the thing with "street smarts", in this day and age, how is anyone to know any "gang affiliations" with new recruits..??

that's going on right now in fact here..>!!

especially with any new recruits of "Spanish" heritage.......

Last edited:
that was the "new" requirement many years ago...they wanted cops that could act/react with reason as well as a calm demeanor, and have a better understanding of the basic laws....so as to not make a false arrest too, as i can recall.....

as i said, the police dept dropped that college degree requirement due to the riots, and defund the police and mass retirements, and no support from the politicians during that time.. they needed cops like yesterday.....

to me, a deeper background check, mental capacity checks, (some doozies applied), and other major checking on new recruits need to go back to the way they used to do it.

the thing with "street smarts", in this day and age, how is anyone to know any "gang affiliations" with new recruits..??

The biggest failure within the LE world was the FTO program got too soft and they wash nobody out or fail anyone anymore.

It use to be the FTO was the smart experienced officer that found crime they put rookies with and the rookie was thrust into some pretty hairy situations. Sort of a true temperature check. If you could pass that you were pretty solid. As it weeded out the trash.

In todays cosplay cop world where they demand hero like worship they are treated with kid gloves and are protected from “bad thing” like you wouldn’t want a toddler to see.
Then the first time they have to administer violence they are totally unprepared!

Simple solution that would solve a large portion is go back to that and start actually firing folks when they don’t get the hint!

Been going on forever. The 2 cops I mentioned who tried to kidnap my first wife were gang bangers. That was over 30 years ago.

Back