testtest

Battle of the Echelon frames

xdman

Self appointed Chief Armorer
Staff member
Battle of the aftermarket Echelon frames, what’s everyones take and which one do you like better and why? Remember the Icarus is still a prototype and I think they are testing textures.

echelonframes.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

IMG_5367.jpeg

I'm leaning more towards the Sharps Bros. Even though it doesn't have the full dust cover, it is designed to work with both the full size and the upcoming compact Echelons. I also like the interchangeable grip panels.
The Icarus is interesting, I've looked at their other grip modules and honestly I'm just not interested. There is such a thing as too much texture and I think the texturing running the full rail looks goofy and has no real function. I'm sure they will sell well, but It's just not my cup of tea.

Hi,

I'm a "more is more" kind of guy. I think the grip shape, texture, and beaver tail of the Icarus would fit my hand better. The longer frame looks better to me too. The takedown levers look like a "Gas Pedal" replacement. Standard equipment? Both are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

The more I look at it...

I'm not crazy about the color of that Icarus prototype frame, but I like everything else, except maybe the texture all the way out to the muzzle. It can stop at the front of the trigger guard too. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
It probably won't be raw aluminum when released for real. Everything else they do is anodized

I don’t know, it’s kinda a toss up but I kinda like the Sharps Bros but I don’t want wood grips.

If the gun gets popular enough maybe Wilson or someone will get into the game and give a less expensive option as well.

Back