testtest

Best Rifle Scope for Deer Hunting

Back in the late 80's or early 90's, there was a very common and well known brand of hunting scopes called Redfield. They were a reasonably priced scope and a real value to the average hunter. At one point they introduced a line of economically priced scopes called 'Tracker'. I tried one in a 3x9 with a 44mm objective lens and loved it. So I immediately bought a second one for my bigger rifle.

The glass was as clear as one could ask for, the 44mm objective lens allowed for lot's of light, and the POA never moved even a smidge when changing the power setting. At that time I was typically hunting over open pastures where a 200+ yd shot was common, but dotted all across those pastures were dense cypress heads where the shots were typically under 100 yds. I could turn those scopes down to a 3 or 4 setting when in the dense, dark heads, and walk out into the pasture and turn them up to 6/+ with nary a problem.

I bought those scopes more than 30 yrs ago, and those two scopes are still today serving me well today. I have several other scopes, some touted as far better than those two Redfields, but for my money I'd trade either of those others for another 'Tracker' if they were still being made.

Back in the late 80's or early 90's, there was a very common and well known brand of hunting scopes called Redfield. They were a reasonably priced scope and a real value to the average hunter. At one point they introduced a line of economically priced scopes called 'Tracker'. I tried one in a 3x9 with a 44mm objective lens and loved it. So I immediately bought a second one for my bigger rifle.

The glass was as clear as one could ask for, the 44mm objective lens allowed for lot's of light, and the POA never moved even a smidge when changing the power setting. At that time I was typically hunting over open pastures where a 200+ yd shot was common, but dotted all across those pastures were dense cypress heads where the shots were typically under 100 yds. I could turn those scopes down to a 3 or 4 setting when in the dense, dark heads, and walk out into the pasture and turn them up to 6/+ with nary a problem.

I bought those scopes more than 30 yrs ago, and those two scopes are still today serving me well today. I have several other scopes, some touted as far better than those two Redfields, but for my money I'd trade either of those others for another 'Tracker' if they were still being made.
Started out with a Weaver fixed 4 power about a hundred years ago. Don't recall ever shooting at a deer at over a 100 yards.

I have an old late ‘70s Redfield 1x5 that came off my dads Weatherby he gave me . I put that 1x5 on a Grendel rifle caliber I have and its still a great scope

Back