testtest

Bulk Ammo Buying: Is It Worth It?

Yea I know ammo inc use to be bad but I am thinking of trying them again
Be careful buying from them, they advertise as new ammunition and some of it is not. the bulk packs they sell that's loose was always reloads. i had one split the case in a 500 pack and several blew the primer out. the label on it said new ammunition. it had headstamps from several companies on the cases. i would not order from them online unless i could see the ammo.

Browning can be real smoky - lots of carbon fouling whenever we use it
i found Browning to be a wee bit better than Magtech in not as much smoke.....even Remington white/green box was not as smokey as Magtech..

don't misunderstand, Magtech is good for plinking for sure, but here the price is a bit higher than Remington white/green box, which to me should not be as smokey.

Be careful buying from them, they advertise as new ammunition and some of it is not. the bulk packs they sell that's loose was always reloads. i had one split the case in a 500 pack and several blew the primer out. the label on it said new ammunition. it had headstamps from several companies on the cases. i would not order from them online unless i could see the ammo.
We’ll get that thought out of my head . There is lots of other ammo out there thanks for the heads up belt

Another option to think about. Keep an eye on local forums and sale sites. Sometimes people sell a gun and have a bunch of left over ammo. It doesn't happen that often, but you can sometimes make a great deal.
I've done this several times and gotten brand new factory ammo for less than half price. ;)

Sorry, but I gotta brag on this one. 😁
Just two posts back I mentioned watch the for sale adds for ammo. I think I just made the deal of my life. Saw the ad, contacted the guy. Turns out he used to be a competitive shooter. He retired, sold his guns, but had beau coup 38 Super ammo left over that he needed to get rid off. We worked out a deal. I had to drive 100 miles to get it, but it was worth the trip.
56 boxes of 38 Super ammo. Two were some commercial reloader I never heard of, but all the rest was new in the box factory ammo. That's 2800 rounds. :oops:. I got the whole lot for $700. That breaks down to $0.25 per round. 😆
I may never have to buy or reload any 38 Super again for the rest of my life. 😁

Back