testtest

Car Folks and Gun Folks

As you can see from my garage photo, I have a couple of toys. The Backdraft Cobra is factory built in South Africa, basically a four wheel motorcycle because when I got married 11 years ago my wife would not get on the back of a bike for love nor money. The Cobra is a good compromise! But it does not have a roof or windows or a heater or a radio...those little "civilization" bits that you miss on an overnight trip, especially if the weather is unpredictable. So for longer road trips, the 1973 Corvette with a L-82 350 and a four speed. Fun and "practical".

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0783.JPG
    IMG_0783.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
rebuilt a '65 stingray from top to bottom minus the body work. unfortunately it didn't have the mfi327.. i loved the mechanical tach. 1 day i'll get another 1! still have my yamaha '82 650turbo (doesn't work at the moment). the vette was my project car while in auto mechanics. i've tried to find pics of it and haven't found any yet. pretty much made my mechanic focus on irrigation engines. early '80s i did want to get a cobra kit car that would accept chevy engines and transmissions.

I had a couple mustangs '69 , '70 , 71 .... Had a '73 Mercury Comet GT that I was pulling about 350 HP out of . I built a 410 CID FE ford engine ( 390 bore and 428 crank ) and put it in a '70 Torino GT. My last hot rod was '78 F-250 ford 4x4 with a .030 over 428 Cobra Jet that I built and installed.

Funny thing but after I got rid of the '71 Mustang , I didn't get to chat with the local police officers unless I saw them in a store.

Back