testtest

Carry Gun Rotation: Good or Bad?

I have ADHD... when it comes to guns. Also, ...I'm incredibly lazy. So I never stay content with one thing and if someone says, "Ooooh, check this out. It's so compact and light..."

I do try to limit myself though. Right now I'm rotating through 3. It should be 5 though.

I have my G43x, all pimped out with a light and a dot.

I have my Taurus Protector 605 in .357. Plain-Jane half polymet wheel gun.

Finally, my current preference, is a Smith CSX replete with a dot of its own.

My two others are my XDE and P-07. I honestly like shooting either more than my primary. However, both are sooooooooooooooooooooooo heavy.

I dont know if I could run just one. Maybe even in the same place. It sounds logical to carry this way. I'll never do it, but sounds smart.

Personally, I would stay within guns having the same manual of arms i.e. striker fired guns, single action guns, double action guns. When I worked for a Glock agency, my 1911's sat virtually unused, and when I did shoot them I'd run a box of ammo through the Glock after shooting the single actions. Likewise, since retiring again, my Glocks have been untouched and it took sever hundred rounds to reintroduced the 'safety-off when coming on target,' 'safety-on when no target is available' type manipulation for single actions. That's just me though!

I have 3 that I rotate for carry. 4 if you include my duty pistol.
My HellcatPro is my go to for most days because it's lighter and smaller, so easier to carry. On days where I can get away with bigger, I go with my Glock 17 or my Kimber 1911. Generally, if I am going bigger, I got the 1911. It's actually easier to carry because it's thinner that the Glock 17, and I shoot it better.
My duty is a G45, so really not different than the 17, and honestly, not a heck of a lot different than the Glocks.
No matter what I carry , I carry the same position. I try to keep the same draw, except my 1911 is canted instead of straight up like the rest. I am actually looking for a new holster for the 1911 to have the same draw

I have 3 that I rotate for carry. 4 if you include my duty pistol.
My HellcatPro is my go to for most days because it's lighter and smaller, so easier to carry. On days where I can get away with bigger, I go with my Glock 17 or my Kimber 1911. Generally, if I am going bigger, I got the 1911. It's actually easier to carry because it's thinner that the Glock 17, and I shoot it better.
My duty is a G45, so really not different than the 17, and honestly, not a heck of a lot different than the Glocks.
No matter what I carry , I carry the same position. I try to keep the same draw, except my 1911 is canted instead of straight up like the rest. I am actually looking for a new holster for the 1911 to have the same draw
I run a Galco Avenger for my Sig 226 Legion that I really really like.
The Avenger had a 0 can’t and I like those as well. Am planning on getting one for my 1911 as well.

Something blasphemous about putting a 1911 or nice metal framed gun in a Kydex holster!!!

The Avenger had a 0 can’t and I like those as well. Am planning on getting one for my 1911 as well.

Something blasphemous about putting a 1911 or nice metal framed gun in a Kydex holster!!!

Have two Galco Avenger holsters for my commander & government model 1911's. Besides being very functional they're really good looking holsters.

i don’t do rotations. I stick with one gun regardless of what I wear, regardless ofwhere I go, regardless of time of year.

I’ve been carrying a Bul Armory SAS II UL the past 18 months. I do take other guns to the range but always shoot at LEAST three mags through my carry gun every visit. Once in a given month, I take nothing but the EDC. I try to spend a high majority of time with the one carry gun.

Having a carry rotation complicates things for me. As well, even guns with the same manual of arms may have different triggers and grip textures, which can impede proficiency, which can affect shooter performance. None of my 1911s shoot quite the same, even those of the same brand.

I realize that my needs won’t work for everyone but it just works out better for me if I focus on one gun for EDC and there’s no real need for me to be switching anyways.

Last edited:
i don’t do rotations. I stick with one gun regardless of what I wear, regardless ofwhere I go, regardless of time of year.

I’ve been carrying a Bul Armory SAS II UL the past 18 months. I do take other guns to the range but always shoot at LEAST three mags through my carry gun every visit. Once in a given month, I take nothing but the EDC. I try to spend a high majority of time with the one carry gun.

Having a carry rotation complicates things for me. As well, even guns with the same manual of arms may have different triggers and grip textures, which can impede proficiency, which can affect shooter performance. None of my 1911s shoot quite the same, even those of the same brand.

I realize that my needs won’t work for everyone but it just works out better for me if I focus on one gun for EDC and there’s no real need for me to be switching anyways.
"Beware the man with only one gun, he probably knows how to use it"

the one I have for the 1911 is leather. It's a nice holster, it just has a cant and you can't adjust it

Back